The Confession

Hey everyone, this is the first fan-fiction I have ever wrote. Please enjoy it. 

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL

Edit: Hello, it has been five years since I have been on Wattpad. I know super wild. I'm back heavily revising this story. Please feel free to reread the changes I have made, and hopefully its a little better than before. 

As always, thank you for all the support you all have given me with this story in the past. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 :The Confession

'Where is Natsu' Lucy says while playing with her my half empty cup of fizzy orange soda. She is surprised the fire mage hasn't busted through the doors challenging Erza to a duel. 

The guild was noisy as always. Juvia, Gajeel, Lily and Gray were sitting at the booth closest to the bar. The four were discussing which job would pay more. Lucy noticed Juvia had her arm wrapped tightly around Gray's. To her surprise, he was okay with it. The two were blushing, and Lucy couldn't help but smile. To her left was Erza, Wendy, and Carla trying different sweets. Erza sat at the table carefully adjusting her desert. Erza couldn't eat it unless the setting was perfect. 

 "BANG" Echoed through the halls of the fairy tail guild. 

"Sounds like Natsu," She says looking down her now empty cup. 

She shifted her head  towards the ruckus. Erza stood up letting out a sigh before picking Natsu up by his crinkly shirt. 

"What do you think you're doing Natsu?" She yelled.  "You ruined my desert." She wimpers as she looks at her strawberry cake splattered on the floor. Erza uses her free hand to punch Natsu in the face. The pink hair mage giggles picking up a firey fist. 

 Lucy turns back towards her cup and taking the last sip of her orange soda. She pushes it away signaling Mirajane to clean the area.  Lucy sighs and stretches out onto the bar. 

Natsu dusted himself off and folded his arms with happy on his side laughiing when suddenly the aura in the guild went dark. 

"Everyone listen up. I have news. Rumors have spread about a man named Takuto. This man has been kidnapping innocent magic wielders and sacrificing them for god knows what. Thus far, 15 mages have been killed from numerous guilds. I must protect the guild no matter what. We need an elite strategic team to take him out as soon as possible.  I have done much extensive research on this man and so far have found his location."

The guild members eyes widen in horror as they listen to their guild Master. Whispers were heard throughout the guild. Lucy stood up from her seat consoling Mira. " Why would someone do that, I mean I don't understand." Mira states quietly. 

"Now I have thought about this for a long time now." Master turn towards the group of the most strongest mages in fairy tail. "I will have Erza, Gray, Natsu, Wendy, and Lucy to find any other information. Most importantly, stop this man at once. And again I need everyone to please be careful. Carry on," he states as he heads towards his office. 

Lucy gives Mira a slight smile to let her know that it will be okay. The blonde mage sits back down and watches Mira resume her waitress job. 

"Something doesn't feel right" she mutters.  

"Lu-chan" a small voice pricks into her ears. Lucy turns around and see the blunette waving her small hand. She gives Levy a smile and waves back, 

"Hey Levy, how's it going?"

"You don't look too good? Are you feeling sick?" Levy places a hand on Lucy's forehead. The blonde sits in her chair waving both hands signaling 'no.'

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I promise." Levy lets out a small sigh and sits beside her. She places both hands on her lap and slightly tilts her head to face me. "Good, you better be fine because I will be gone for a few days." 

"Where are you going?" She says giving a pout. 

"On a job with Gajeel." She smirks. No matter how tough Levy acted, you could tell how happy she was. Every time she said 'Gajeel' she blushes. 

Lucy stands up to give her a hug. "Okay, I will see you soon. Have fun okay? And please be careful. I know Gajeel will protect you but still" 

"Thanks Lu-chan." Lucy waves goodbye to her bestfriend. She watches Levy walk in the distance, and Gajeel approaches her with a smile. She let out her right hand and Gajeel took it. The two leave the guild smiling. Lucy turns back into her seat and places her hands on her face to contain the redness. Just by watching them, she could feel sparks, and for once she would want that too. 

"Yo Luce" Natsu says getting her attention. The pink haired mage was walking towards her seat waving his hand. 

"Hey"she says calmy. Natsu plopped down right next to her facing the wall of alcoholic drinks. He placed his arms on the table twiddling his thumbs before he let out a sigh,

"Want to go on a walk?" 

"Sure, we can go no-" Before she could finish her sentence Natsu responds, 

"Yeah let's go" The pink haired boy frantically stood up and grabbed her hand. Lucy's heart began to skip a beat. Even looking at him from behind made her body feel hot. She swallowed at that thought. "where are we going?"

 "You'll see. " 

The blonde was stumbling on her own two feet trying to clear her thoughts. It was very unusual for Natsu to act this way. Running through the streets of Magnolia, felt like they were the only two there. 

The Meadows

Natsu stopped running and let go of Lucy's hand. He went behind her and covered her eyes with his rough hands. She tenses up and attempts to move his hands away. He always messes with me.  "Natsu if this is a prank like last time I swear I'm go-" 

"I never took anyone here before." He says cutting Lucy off. His hands slowly moved away from her eyes. The blond let out a small gasp.

She couldn't believe what she saw. 

It was like a dream. Warm shades of red, purple, and orange danced in the sky. The sunset glazed the rows of flowers giving every last one a touch more of sunlight before hiding away. The smell was even more captivating. The scent a vanilla was soft and tickled her nose. She was so lost in the beauty of the secret meadows. 

Nastu grabbed a rose from the field and tucked it away behind Lucy's ear.  

"Beautiful" He said while reaching for her hand. They walked for about 10 minutes before heading towards a spot with tall grass and lilies. 

Natsu's blazing eyes met with hers, they were so serious so cold. 

"Lucy..." he calls, "I brought you here today to let you know that I have feelings for you. It isn't easy for me to say because we have been through everything together. I was terrified for this day, but I am relived to finally let you know how I feel. No mater what your answer is I don't want it to ruin the beauty we already have." The pink haired mage brings his face closer to hers. 

She froze trying to process this situation. How did this happen? Since when did you have feelings for me?'  She was confused. 

Apart of her was excited. The two were always close and shared everything together. Every experience, every adventure, every heart ache, everything. 

"Natsu I-"

Before she could speak, he let out a chuckle and gave her a hug. "I want you to be mine." 

She gazes into his eyes once more showing a soft smile. 

"Okay"