1 | Afraid Of Love

S U M M A R Y

You've had a terrible past with lovers. You promised yourself you would never fall in love ever again. But when your friend, Shaun Murphy asks you out on a date. You begin to fall into the pit you thought you would never be inside of ever again. The pit of love.

N A M E

None = (Y/N)

><><><><><><

You stared at your phone, re-reading the text message from your boyfriend. Well Well, ex-boyfriend now. He broke up with you. He told you that it wasn't you, it was him. As if you haven't heard that before. You were already broken inside from your previous breakup and thought that this person would be the one.

Obviously, you were mistaken.

''Good night (Y/N).'' was the last text he sent.

You didn't even want to deal with the situation and turned your phone off. It was always you who would get dumped. It was always you who got their heart broken. This was your third boyfriend this year and each and every boyfriend had broken your heart into a million pieces. And every single break up was them breaking up with you.

You knew that it was going to hurt in the end, but at the moment, you never would think there was going to be an end. But sadly, there always was. You were going to learn from your mistake that you've made three times. You weren't going to fall in love with anybody else.

You were just going to think of every guy as a friend. You weren't going to get too attached to them. You weren't going to fall for them. You dragged yourself upstairs and went to sleep, trying to forget about the whole boyfriend thing. You didn't need a boyfriend. You didn't need anybody.

                ><><><

The next day was a hard day. You woke up late and arrived late, nobody cared, except Shaun. When you entered the room, he was talking with Claire, but his attention immediately left her as he saw that you were now in the room.

''(Y/N) is here!'' shaun announced, blowing off claire in the middle of her talking.

Claire paused her sentence and watched as Shaun rushed away from her towards you. She just chuckled and crossed her arms, smiling at Shaun. You were at the counter of where Melendez was at as well. He handed you a file with your patients information about it, telling you about your next surgery.

''Doctor (Y/L/N)!'' shaun called out, shuffling his way up towards you. ''Why are you late?'' he asks, making you raise your eyes up from the files to meet his eyes.

''I've been having a rough morning,'' you grumbled underneath your breath, closing the files and turning around. ''I'm not in the mood with talking right now.'' you huff, walking away from shaun.

''But (Y/N)—'' shaun got interrupted by melendez stepping in front of him.

''She's in a bad mood,'' he pointed out. ''If she's not in the mood, don't talk to her.'' he reminded, pointing at shaun, hoping he got the message.

Shaun nodded in confirmation and turned around, walking back to Claire with his a frown placed on his face.

''Did she say no?'' claire gasps, raising her hands up to her mouth in shock.

''No..'' shaun responded. ''She is just not in the mood right now.''

''Well, no problem there!'' she chuckles, patting him on the shoulder. ''Just ask her after work when she's working in her office. No biggie.'' claire explains.