8 | Are You Sure?

S U M M A R Y

You get hurt during a basketball game and everyone clearly saw that you were. But you just sucked it up and called it good. But a few days later, the pain began to kick in and your friend took you to the hospital to get it checked. A doctor comes in to check it for you, but you tend to lie to him and tell him that you were going to be okay. But he saw right through you and saw that you were lying. He was concerned about you hiding your injury and he wanted to make sure if you were okay.

N A M E

None = (Y/N)

><><><><><><  

There were blotches of sweat on your forehead, your breath was fast-paced and heavy. You clapped and called out your teammates name, calling for the ball. Your teammate swung their eyes towards you and spotted that you had a wide open shot. Without hesitation, they screamed your name and strongly passed you the ball. You caught the ball and got into your shooting position, ready to shoot. But right as you were about to shoot, some girl came up from behind you and shoved you forward, making you fly forward.

The ball flew right out of your hands, and the other team caught it, racing towards the other basket afterwards. The thing was, as you flew forward, your ankle didn't go the direction that you wanted it too and it twisted pretty harshly. You rolled over onto your back, fighting back the tears that were coming. It wasn't long before the coach noticed your injury and yelled at the referee, saying that you were hurt. The referee blew the whistle, pausing the game.

The girls on your team all looked over at you and saw that you were loads of pain. They all sprinted towards you, creating a tiny circle around you as they reached you. The coach jogged up to you as well and pushed through everyone else to get to you. He kneels down next to you and looks down at you. He saw the tears that were now streaming down your cheeks.

''Are you okay (Y/N)?'' the coach asks, his eyebrows scrunched in worry.

All the voices that were going on around you sounded like echos. You couldn't point out who was who and it was messing your brain up even more. But before you knew it, you opened your eyes, your vision blurry and your lips were wobbly. A couple of girls bent down and helped you up. As they helped you up, you had your arms around them both. They both dragged you off the court. The building clapped for you as you made it to the bench.

As you sat down, you got your breath back and you sucked it up. After about five minutes, you called yourself good and you told your coach that you were fine. He was hesitant and insisted that you sit out, but you didn't take that for an answer. You wanted to play and you didn't want to seem like a complete baby. You wanted people to think of you as a tough girl, not a crybaby, so you asked again and he just gave in and put you in. When you got back onto the court, your ankle still throbbed with pain, but you just pushed through it and went with it.

  ><><><><><><    

It's been a few days and the pain in your ankle gradually worsened throughout the days. You called your friend and told them that you ankle was beginning to feel more painful than it used too. Your friend suggested that you visit a doctor, but you didn't want to because doctor's kind of scared you. Your friend didn't take that for an answer and said that they were coming over to pick you up and take you to the nearest hospital which was the San Jose Hospital. You just went with it and told her fine.