Chapter 16

Robyn

Robyn

I had to admit, each and every word that Jaylen spat at me cut me deep. I tried telling myself that he didn't mean it and he was just trying to get under my skin, but when you think about it.. it all started to make sense. Knowing Jaylen, he probably did mean it.

Just like he said, I couldn't keep a man. Maybe the problem was me.

But then, I remembered that I didn't come all the way out here just to let little ass words affect me. If that's how he feels about me, cool. He's not my problem anymore.

I wish my dad was here to tell me his daily speech of how niggas weren't shit. It's crazy because I remember being a baby and hearing him tell me that every two minutes. "These nappy headed ass niggas aint shit. I know because I ain't shit. Ion even know why ya mama put up wit me."

He stayed calling somebody nappy headed when he didn't even have hair. I found that super funny.

I took the small picture out of my wallet of him kissing my cheek. This was one of my favorite pictures of us.

Looking at it brought back good and bad memories

Looking at it brought back good and bad memories. He was everything and more.

All of a sudden, flashbacks of him laying lifelessly in my arms started to play. There was blood every where, as he looked me dead in my eyes before they shut on their own.

I hurriedly closed my wallet so that I wouldn't get too emotional and quickly put on some cartoons because they would always seem to make me happy.

After calming myself down, I had the urge to get up and go somewhere. I don't know where this sudden feeling came from, but I felt like getting my hair done and spoiling myself. If you asked me, I deserved it.

I began to remember that Deja had gave her number just Incase I needed to know where all the good spots were. Her hair was pretty laid the last time I seen her, maybe I could go wherever she went.

Tapping on her contact name, it rang a few times before she answered. "Hey Deja." I could tell she was at the shop because I heard Eric in the background flaming her like always.