• halloween special •

Warning: This isn't a canon part of the story, it's just a Halloween short for today! It also has death, tiny gore, and suicide. HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY FELLOW READERS!

Max fluttered his eyes open, scanning the room. He got up from the bed and headed downstairs. It was eerily quite. The silence had never been so loud. He got to the bottom of the stairs, and saw Preston rolled up in a corner, shaking. Now he noticed the noises, the grunts, moans, the growls.

"P-Preston?" Max whispered, Preston was about to open his mouth, until banging began on the front door. Along with violent growling and groaning. Max screamed like he never had before, falling down next to Preston.

"T-They're here Max, there here!" Preston whispered back, more tears falling of his eyes. Max started to grab Preston's hand, pulling him up quietly. The growling becoming louder. Max looked around, grabbing a pistol and trying to unlock the window to the fire escape.

"M-Max," Preston said as the banging became stronger and more violent. Max quickly managed to open the window and looked down. Then the banging got louder.

"Max!" Preston shouted as the door was knocked down, Max gasped and quickly grabbed Preston by the wrist and making their way downstairs. With every step anxiety. dread, and fear filled them. They found them. Those dammed zombie-creatures from hell were here to maul on their flesh and blood. Preston was breathing rapidly, so was max. Sweat drops forming on their foreheads, escaping from the starving monsters who were a few feet behind them.

"Max!" Preston sobbed, watching all the dead corpses in the streets, guts and crimson spilling over. Max put a hand over his moth. "O-Oh gosh.." He trailed off. He then got to another floor with the window open, quickly jumping inside the apartment with his boyfriend and rapidly shutting the window.Watching the herd of zombies run by. Max sighed.

"Okay babe, we're good now-" He turned around to look at Preston to see him clutching his arm and blood spilling, his eyes wide and tears in the corners of his eyes. Max put a hand over his mouth, a gasp escaping his lips.

"Preston!" He shouted as Preston fell to the floor, his face becoming pale and the wound spilling more blood, Max tried to cover it up with his hoodie, however it wasn't enough.

"No no no! Pres please! P-please!" Max choked up, tear drops streaming down his face. Preston hugged Max whispering how everything would be fine, that he's strong and he could make it without him. But it wouldn't, he loves Preston, he can't leave him!

"M-max..." Preston said, Max looked at him, tear stains on his face. "I-I love you..o-okay?" Max said, caressing Max's cheek. "Just stay strong..." He breathed before shutting his eyelids and tilting his head slowly. Max shook him violently, trying to wake him up. But failing.

"N-No no! Preston! Pres wake up! Please! No you can't leave me!" Max shouted, his voice breaking. "No!!" He shouted even more, waterfalls spilling from his eyes.

He looked down, seeing the gun on his lap, the looking at Preston's dead body. He picked it up and placed it on his head. Taking deep breaths while looking at Preston.

"Why did you leave me?"

Max woke up, gasping for air and looking around frantically. He found that he was in his bed, with his boyfriend at his side. He sighed in relief, it was all a bad dream, a horrid realistic nightmare. He laid back down and snuggled closer to Preston.

Until he heard the sound of growling and aggressive banging on the downstairs door.