Chapter 6: Saved by the Babysitter

Kissing Elijah Mikaelson felt unreal to Hayley. She knew that he was there with her, in her bed. But there was also a part of her that was outside of the situation watching the two of them. They were rolling around on her bed exploring each other's bodies. "Hi," Hayley whispered as she rolled on top of Elijah and he reached up to brush a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Hello to you, too," Elijah whispered back, pressing a light kiss to her collarbone, his hands sliding to brush over the back of her pants making her wonder why she was still wearing them. With any other guy they would have been naked and he would be leaving in the next fifteen minutes with an "I'll call you" which he never would. Somehow Elijah was different. He was taking his time. This was a nice change of pace.

"So how long do you usually take with the foreplay?" Hayley murmured into Elijah's ear who smirked up at her as she pulled back to stare down at him.

Before answering Elijah slid his thumbs under her bra straps and sat up, bringing his face close to hers and making her heart begin to beat frantically with anticipation. "Is that a question or a complaint? Because, Hayley, it has been rare for me to receive too many of the latter."

Hayley began to laugh. "Oh, Elijah, somehow I had you pegged for a humble type of guy," she told him as he pulled her legs around his waist more tightly making her scowl at him. "Tease," she mumbled into his ear.

"I am the humble one in the family. Unless you count Finn," Elijah answered, flipping Hayley onto her back and placing his mouth to the line of exposed stomach just above her pants. She could feel the heat of his breath as his tongue traced her flesh and she was about to scream if he didn't take her pants off when there was the sound of something from the other room. Not registering what the noise was, Hayley pushed Elijah backward and grabbed his belt. Yanking it off, she unbuttoned his pants, moving forward on her knees she was about to pull his shorts down when the noise came again, louder this time.

Groaning, Hayley fell back on the bed.

"If it is that annoying little man I get rid of him," Elijah told her, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before getting off the bed and walking to the door. Hayley stretched out on her back with a yawn. If Elijah wanted to handle whoever it was then she had no problem with that. "Hayley," Elijah called from the door and Hayley propped herself on her elbows, waiting for Elijah to tell her who it was.

"It's Hope and some man," Elijah told her with a frown.

"Shit," Hayley said. She had forgotten that she was late to pick up Hope from Josh. "I'll be there in just a minute," she shouted.

"Take your time," Josh called through the door, causing Elijah to frown again.

"Who is that man with Hope?" Elijah asked, as he strode into the room and picked his shirt up off the floor.

"One of my neighbors," Hayley replied quickly as she buttoned her own shirt and hurried to the door. "Hey, Josh. Hi, baby," Hayley said, leaning down and kissing her daughter on the forehead before allowing them into the apartment. She felt relieved when she found that Elijah had tucked his shirt back into his pants. He looked as he did before they had entered the apartment.

"Oh, my," Josh exclaimed with a wide grin that said that he did not believe that nothing had been going on between the two. "I'm sorry. Should we come back later?"

As Hayley tried to formulate a response that would not lead to more uncomfortable questions, Hope went flying toward Elijah. "Elijah," she squealed, throwing herself into his arms as he bent to pick her up. "You came back. I thought that Mommy scared you off. She does that sometimes."

"Hope," Hayley admonished with a frown.

"Hello, I'm Elijah Mikaelson," Elijah called to Josh, holding out his hand to the younger man.