Chapter 10: Time Flies: Part III

Once Hayley had finished baking countless cakes, cupcakes, decorated and delivered said desserts, her feet were aching and her back felt like a baby elephant had learned to walk on it. "How do you do this everyday?" she asked Cami who grinned.

"It's not that bad. Besides, I get to take home leftovers," Cami replied, picking up a box of cupcakes. "I'm having a party tonight. Want to come? I think Jack would enjoy it if you showed."

Hayley's eyes flicked to the man who was sweeping the floor of the lobby while Jane Anne locked up for the night. "Maybe another time. I'm really tired," Hayley told her, faking a yawn. Exhaustion ate away at her energy levels but she had just enough to pick up the phone and order a pizza for two that she could share with Elijah.

"Are you sure? It would be great if you could show. I hate to show up stag and have some creepy guy hitting on me all night," Cami argued. She gave Hayley a long look, her eyes wide with feigned worry.

"Come on now, Cam, I'm not all bad," Oliver said, coming over and wrapping an arm around the other blonde's shoulders.

"See what I have to put up with," Cami cried, shrugging Oliver off.

Oliver let out a laugh. "Man, I think you just like to play hard to get."

"Cut it out, Ollie," Jack called. He set the broom aside and came to join them.

Cami cheered up and smiled at Jackson. "So, Jack, you don't have anything to do tonight, do you?" she asked innocently.

"Nope. Not that I know of," Jack told her with a smile.

"Great. Then you can come to my party. And all you have to do is convince Hayley that whatever she had planned for tonight will be nothing short of boring compared to one of my parties." Cami clapped her hands together and looked from Jackson to Hayley.

"Ummm..." Jackson's smile froze on his face as he looked to Hayley who was eyeing her shoes. "So, Hayley, you want to go to Cami's party, as friends, no pressure."

"Not at all," Oliver added in a mocking tone which got him an elbow to the ribs from Cami. "Ouch!"

"I..." Hayley began when the door chimed. Turning around, Hayley noticed that Jane Anne had reopened the door to let someone in. "Oh," she uttered when Elijah entered with Hope on his hip.

"Who is that and where can I get one?" Cami breathed with a laugh.

"He's not that hot," Oliver grumbled under his breath just as Elijah began to walk over to them.

"Hayley," Elijah greeted Hayley, offering her Hope who was already reaching for her mother.

"Elijah, hey, I thought Davina..." Hayley trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Ms. Claire had a date. With my brother, Kol, as it happened and I came to speak with you. You weren't at home but I ran into my brother on his way to pick up his date," Elijah explained.

"Oh, God. I really need to start asking Davina if she has plans before tossing my baby at her," Hayley sighed, bouncing Hope.

"You have a baby?" Oliver's eyebrows rose. "Gals like you should come with warning labels."

"Excuse me?" Elijah's eyebrows narrowed and his lips pursed. "I'm Elijah Mikaelson, we haven't had the pleasure," he extended his hand with a smile that made Hayley nervous because she had a feeling Elijah did not mean this greeting to be friendly.

"Oliver Kenner," Oliver replied, cluelessly, taking Elijah's hand.

Elijah's smile tightened and so did his grip on Oliver's hand. "I would suggest, Mr. Kenner, that you apologize to Hayley, or this will be one of the least pleasant meetings of your entire existence."