Part 3

Elijah made his way to the memoriam wall with Hayley close behind him holding a bouquet in her arms while the crowd stepped aside to make space for them.

When they reached the wall, Elijah stepped aside and placed his hand on the small of her back allowing her to pass and to guide her further.

Hayley placed the bouquet of flowers on the ground with the others. Then she looked up and saw the frame with 'baby Mikaelson', a sting of pain flinched in her hearth when she saw the frame. She felt tears that had formed in the corner of her eyes fall and roll down her cheek. She pressed a kiss against her fingers and placed them against frame.

She turned around while the tears trickled from her cheeks. Elijah stood there watching her, tears forming in his eyes though he stopped them from falling. Seeming strong for Hayley and the rest of the world. Though all he felt was pain.

He offered his hand to Hayley as a gesture of comfort. He wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible and by Hayley's reaction he knew she thought exactly the same.

She took his hands gracefully and entwined their fingers. Revealing the fact that their hands matched perfectly.

He pulled her closer, and they walked away from the memoriam, away from the crowd. Their hands linked. Walking back to the compound.

"Elijah ?" Hayley said softly after a few minutes.

Elijah looked up and glanced over her "yes..?", he replied as a indication for her to continue.

"What are we going to do now? What's gonna happen with me now the baby is no longer here.?"

Elijah looked at her forcing her to look back, "you don't have to worry about that now, Hayley" he answered comforting.

"But I want to know", Hayley said and tightened the grip around his hand.

Elijah thought a moment before he replied, "alright, I'll tell you everything once we've returned to the compound. If you promise you'll go sleep after. This has been a long exhausting day.
But you should know whatever is gonna happen you'll have me. I'm not going anywhere Hayley. And if it were up to me you aren't going anywhere either.

Hayley nodded, comforted by Elijah's words and they started walking again. Their hands still linked tightly around each other.

Once arrived at the compound, Elijah placed his hand on the familiar spot at small of her back guiding her to the living area. A shiver ran down her spine at the feeling of his touch. No matter how many times Hayley had experienced his touch, the effect it had on her never changed.

He gestured for her to sit on the couch before he whooshed out the room only returning a few moments later. Fully changed. He was now wearing light grey jeans and a dark red shirt with long sleeves. In one hand he was carrying a dark woollen blanked. In the other hand a bottle of bourbon and a cup.

He walked over to Hayley on the couch who had her legs pressed against her chest. Still confused by Elijah's sudden disappearance. Elijah sat down on the low table in front if her. He reached for her legs and stretched them on his knees, allowing him to pull of her shoes. He grabbed her feet softly, massaging them before laying them on the pouf between them.

"When did I order this queen treatment?", Hayley joked.

Elijah smiled, exposing his teeth. He smiled one of his very extraordinary smiles. One of those smiles Hayley could fall in love with. Correction: she had fallen in love with. She would kill if it meant he'd show that smile more often.

"You don't need to order this treatment, you are after all a queen." Elijah said and continued the process. He pulled the woollen blanket over her.