Part 4

All we can do is keep breathing

Hayley was biting her nails until her fingers were almost bleeding. The phone she had been holding was almost crushed under the tight grip she had on the device. It had been 3 hours since klaus, Jackson and Elijah had left compound. They went to a meeting with Fransesca and her horror pack. Jackson joined them cause he was the only crescent wolf left who hadn't sided with the Guerrera pack. She knew there was a chance it would end bloody.

Well, with Klaus being there she was pretty sure it was going to end bloody. But since the Guerrera wolves had managed to get their hands on the white oak stake she hadn't gone through a day without worrying.

She knew Elijah and Klaus were an almost invincible team. But that didn't lessen the worry. The worry even caused her to beg Elijah not to go with them. He ensured and even promised her he'd come back safely.

'I always come back, remember., he had told her, trying to calm her with his ensuring words.

And now she was standing here, almost dying of the worries. She almost screamed when she saw Klaus entering the door of the compound.

She ran towards him, wrapping her arms tightly around him , pressing him into a tight hug. He had several tears in his shirt and some blood was spilled on his face.

She pushed away from the hug, freeing herself enough to look at his face.

"Where is he?" She questioned still with worries in her eyes.

"I am here" Jackson said as he too entered the compound.

"Jackson..." She said softly but she stopped her sentence when she saw Elijah appear behind Jackson just a few moments later. He had scratches and tears similar as Klaus. His suit was practically ruined.

"Oh my god", she almost cried out.

She ran directly towards him launching herself into his arms. Totally ignoring Jackson, she pressed her lips harshly against his. He gasped by surprise and frowned but returned the kiss just a few moments later.

Hayley cupped his cheeks with her hands. Feeling the soft skin underneath her fingers already give her tingles. He placed his hands at her waist pressing her as close as possible. Both their bodies relaxed as they experienced each others touch.

The kiss was filled with desperation, relief and passion. Her lips pulsated against him, releasing all worry and frustration.

Elijah moaned into the kiss, the fact that he wasn't expecting this didn't make the kiss any less arousing.

He knew she was angry at him for going and was expecting a speech from her. But not this. The kiss was only an indication that her anger was out of love and love only.

Klaus stood a few meters away. Smirking at Jackson's painful look.

"She apparently didn't mean you, mate" he said to himself not loud enough for Jackson to hear.

Hayley finally broke the kiss, she didn't want to lose his touch, his lips on hers and even more. But it could wait, not long though. When she pulled away, Elijah panted softly. "Wow", he whispered, before he pressed his forehead against hers and smiled.

"don't you ever dare do that again." She said softly but warningly.

Elijah smiled again. He couldn't deny that he loved the protectiveness she had over him. Even though he was one of the most powerful creatures in the world, she couldn't help it.

"Hey..., why don't you go upstairs. Take some rest, you look slightly exhausted. I'll join you in a bit." He said while he slid his thumb slowly over her soft lips. His eyes still longingly locked on her deep brown eyes. He could drown in her eyes for hours just by looking at them.

She nodded and turned away, catching Jackson's painful look and flushed a little when she realised this was the first time she and Elijah kissed... well... in public.

Elijah's eyes were still locked on her. He kept his gaze on the opening of the room she had disappeared. Already missing her and craving for her soft touch.

"You've gotten yourself one there, brother.", Klaus said mockingly.

Elijah finally broke his look from the opening and watched at the ground, his fingers tracing slightly over his swollen lips, memorising their kiss before he looked at Klaus and said vaguely with his slightly faded but still beautiful accent : "yes.., I do", before he walked away, into the direction Hayley had disappeared.

Leaving Klaus and Jackson alone behind.

"I think I should go." Jackson said softly.

"Yeah I think you should. At least if you don't want to hear them break the bed." Klaus said again mockingly.

Jackson pinched his eyes almost closed as he took in what Klaus said. "Do you ever wonder why you don't have any friends? Because you shouldn't." Jackson said with a disgustful face.

"Oh there you have it wrong mate, I actually do have friends." Klaus answered with a grin. "Hayley is my friend."

Jackson lowered his eyes to the floor before he asked: "how are you okay with all of this. Your brother is screwing the mother of your child. I just don't get it."

"You can't help who you fall in love with", he answered after a few moments of silence, " some things are just meant to be."

"By the way, my brother is not screwing her. Well, not yet at least. It can't be long anymore now." He said grinning.

Pure disgust formed on Jackson's face and he left the compound, without saying any other word.