Part 7

Hayley sat leg-crossed on her bed, browsing through some wedding magazines she knew nearly by hard now. Elijah stood in the door opening, he was gazing at her, waiting for the moment she'd notice him herself.

Ever since Hayley moved permanently to the Bayou, to Jackson, he would go to her old room every evening, just to feel her last remaining presence in the house. He missed her more than he could admit, every single day.

He was surprised to see her, she was getting married tomorrow after all. Although, he knew he could better walk away he decided against it.

Hayley quickly turned her head to the door opening when she heard someone's breaths, she was greeted by a handsome face. The face that would always awaken those butterflies, butterflies she knew that should be long gone. "Elijah...," she trailed off "...What are you doing here?"

Elijah smiled friendly and stepped into the room "I was just going to ask you the same thing, it's not every day I see you here,"

When Elijah stepped further into the room his body was revealed from the dark. He was wearing a black suit; black trousers, black suit jacket and a black dress shirt. But it was perfectly accentuated with the white handkerchief that was fitted neatly into his breast pocket. His hair was shaped flawlessly and his face was coloured perfectly by short dark stubbles. He was breathtakingly, and Hayley could not help but stare at him for a moment.

When Elijah tilted his head slightly and looked confused at her, still waiting for a reply, she snapped out of her daydream.

"Uhm yeah..." She stuttered before she remembered what she was supposed to say, "Jackson wanted to keep all those stupid rituals that means he can't see me the night before the wedding, I know it's ridiculous and all." She looked at Elijah for a moment before she continued.

"He insisted on going himself, but I didn't want him to spend the night.. God knows where, so I convinced him to stay. That resulted in me sleeping over here," she chuckled and Elijah forced a weak smile on his face. However, she hadn't missed the pained look on his face when she mentioned Jackson.

She sighed and shook her head looking to the ground. "I asked Klaus and he said it was fine," she spoke after a while.

Elijah felt the slight tension that had settled between them and wanted nothing but to get rid of it. "So, how is everything going with the wedding?" He started trying to break the silence. He sat down next to her on the bed and cast her a friendly glance.

Hayley laughed "well I don't know what counts as good or bad, but good I guess. It's a lot of stress though." She sighed thinking about it.

Elijah grinned at her. "I see, we can't have that," he said before he stood up and walked to a small table in the corner of the room. Hayley looked confused at his sudden movement.

He placed a record in the old gramophone at the table and after a few moments the gramophone started playing a song.

"There is a reason this thing is dusting away in this corner", Elijah spoke before he turned around and walked back to her.

"Elijah.., what are you doing," Hayley asked utterly confused with the whole situation.

"Releasing you from all that stress you've got hidden in that beautiful body of yours, now would you care to dance with me Hayley Marshall," he asked with all the politeness in the world.

Hayley laughed and rolled her eyes.

Elijah's lips curled up in a smile when she took his hand and he pulled her from the bed.

As soon as he placed his hand on her waist, as she curled her arm over his shoulder and they linked their hands, slowly entwining their fingers, the air turned heavy. Hayley found herself in difficulty of breathing normal with Elijah's heavy gaze focused on her. He looked at her as if she was the most beautiful and precious thing on earth.