Part 6

"Elijah?! What are you doing here.", Hayley spoke surprised as she saw him standing in the woods just a few meters from her. His hands harshly stuffed in his pocked. His face a mix of emotions.

She was just in front of her cabin, grabbing some wood for the fire inside. Jackson had told her to ask him whenever she needed new wood, but she didn't want to feel completely useless, because she was not.

"I'm not completely sure, why I am here, myself.", Elijah said, laughing shortly, not amused. He turned his head and looked down.

"Elijah..," Hayley trailed off, seeing he wasn't his usual immaculate self. "What happened?"

He looked up, finding her gaze. "nothing you should worry yourself about for that matter," he spoke, smiling weakly.

"Is it Klaus?" She said hesitantly.

He gave her a short nod, tilting his head slightly.

"Do you want... Do you wanna come in so we can talk?" She asked, being unsure of what his intentions and thoughts were.

"No," he said shortly. The look in his eyes changed. Bright passion burning in them now, even hunger flashing through.

The logs she was holding in her hands slipped from her grasp, falling with a thud on the ground. The intensity of his gaze stripping her from the only control she had left. His eyes burning through her walls. "Elijah...," she spoke again, this time softer, almost a whisper.

"No," he spoke before he pulled his hands from his pockets, walking towards her, cupping her face and pressing his lips harshly against hers. Hayley fluttered her eyes closed giving into his demanding lips, she grasped his hands on her cheeks and squeezed them. She met his tongue halfway, drowning in the taste of his lips.

The kiss was more than she imagined it could be, months of craving and quiet longing poured out.

Hayley's breaths were ragged as he pulled away and rested his forehead against hers. His eyes met hers again, the sheer passion burning in them reflected hers. She smiled softly before grabbing the lapels of his jacket, soothing them. Elijah smiled back, caressing her cheek softly with his knuckle, as if she was something precious.

"I'm sorry if...," elijah spoke but he stopped his sentence when hayley pressed her finger against his lips. "Shhh", she whispered.

Elijah smiled, before picking her up an whooshing inside her cabin. He sat her her down on the table, cupping her face once again. Hayley giggled before wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and pressing her lips against his.

He tasted foreign, a taste Hayley had already gotten addicted to. Knowing she wouldn't or couldn't let him go ever again.

This time the kiss was calmer, expressing how much they actually cared for each rather than showing how much they both needed it.

He pulled away from the kiss, only pressing his lips in her neck seconds later. Hayley gripped his shoulders, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck and smiling.

This going on forever, both forgetting time, or everything for that matter.

After a while, Elijah finally pulled reluctant away. "Goodnight, Hayley," he whispered before pressing a soft kiss to her lips, pulling back he whooshed away.

Hayley opened her eyes, sighing in contentment she traced her swollen lips with her finger and smiled.