Part 8

The heat of a sun ray tingled on her skin. The warmth slowly broke through her slumber. "Shit, the curtains", was the first thing she thought as consciousness started seeping through her brain again. That was when she felt an usual weight resting on her stomach. The hot breaths colliding into the nape of her neck. Between her feet she felt another presence.

Her eyelids fluttered open. She saw the strong arm on her bare stomach, its fingertips softly digging into her side. She realised his leg was entangled with hers. Hayley looked to her side to find Elijah, nuzzled into her neck, his lips were resting on her shoulder. His hair was tousled and messy.

That was when she remembered what had happened the night before. She laid back and stared at ceiling. "Fuck, what did I do", she thought as she brought her hand up to her face to rub her eyes and grip her forehead.

She looked down to see the beautiful sleeping original again before she made a decision. she lifted the sheets ever so careful and slipped her leg out from in between his own. That was when she felt his fingers slip around her wrist in a tight grip. "don't" she heard him say with a hoarse voice before he pulled her back on the bed again and she let him.

"Elijah we ca.." She started but Elijah interrupted her by sliding his finger over her lip.

"Don't", he whispered again. "Not yet",

Hayley slowly nodded, knowing she couldn't deny him. The handsome original who had somehow gotten under her skin with no other wish than to stay, exactly there. "Okay",

Elijah lowered himself next to her and Hayley rolled onto her side to crawl into his arms. He placed his forehead against her own. His arms snaking around her. Hayley chuckled.

"What?", Elijah said smiling

"Oh nothing, just cuddling with a thousand year old original. That's all", she said, a taunting smile formed on her lips.

"Oh you think that's funny", Elijah said, still smiling brightly. He adored the fact that she could make him feel so happy and careless, even under the heavy circumstances they were actually living.

"Oh I think that's very funny.", she cupped his jaw with her hand, letting her fingertips tease over his short stubble. She felt like she were in some kind of bubble of happiness. In his arms, their skin brushing against each other. His eyes locked on her own in a intense gaze, only showing his love for her.

Elijah shuffled his head slowly closer to her own. Shortly pressing his lips lightly against hers before pulling away again. Hayley opened her eyes and a smile tugged on the corner of her lips again.

"This is ridiculous", she said, her cheeks turning red.

Elijah chuckled "what is?",

"We are laying here, staring at each other, playing with each other and sheepishly smiling at each other like we're some kind of high school teenagers with a crush on each other.", Hayley said.

"Well truth be told, Hayley Marshall I have an enormous crush on you.", Elijah mocked, exposing his teeth in a smile.

Hayley laughed shaking her head. "I might have a crush on you too, Elijah Mikaelson.", she spoke before pulling him into a soft kiss.

Elijah kissed back, slowly opening his mouth letting her tongue slip past his lips. He moaned, his fingers threading through her long brown locks. Her own hand sliding over his bare shoulders down his spine.

Hayley retreated again, keeping her forehead pressed against his own and looked at him, still smiling. "Elijah..",

"Hmm..", he murmured as he watch his own fingers slip through her hair.

"I think your niece likes you nearly as much as her mother does", she smirked. Remembering the time she'd secretly watched Elijah as he caressed his little niece as if she was the most precious thing on earth.

Elijah looked at her again, "how's that", he spoke taking her hand to his mouth and kissing each knuckle. Rather surprised by the subject.

"Maybe it's because you're so very handsome.", Hayley bit her lip.

Elijah smirked licking his lips "I doubt that. ", he murmured before pressing his lips against her own.

He kissed her for minutes before focusing his attention elsewhere. He slid his lips from her mouth to her neck. Caressing her skin.

Hayley moaned, her hand gripping in his hair. "Oh god Elijah," she groaned as her body arched into his. Elijah smiled against her skin, before continue working his tongue against the sensitive skin of her neck and throat. She moaned again "this is so good", she murmured.

"Uhu" Elijah murmured, laying down on his back pulling Hayley on top of him before flipping them over, hovering above her. Hayley giggled at his smile before cupping his neck to pull him closer. Pressing her lips against his own.

Hayley and Elijah, way too consumed with each other, didn't notice the footsteps of a person coming closer to Hayley's bedroom.

Cami came striding into the room with a excited smile, yet being unaware of what was going on in it. "And is the bride ...shit" Her smile turned in a shocked stare, her eyes widening and her mouth opened slightly.

She saw Hayley jerk Elijah from her lips, so roughly that he fell of the bed, followed by a loud thud and a groan. "Fuck", she heard Hayley swear.

She quickly turned around. "What the hell!", she nearly yelled, her hand covering her eyes before gripping into her hair.

"Cami what the hell are you doing here", Hayley inquired as she jumped from her bed, quickly putting on sweatpants and a tank top. Elijah crawled from the floor into her bed again, covering his nakedness.

"If I remember correctly, you asked me last week to be your bridesmaid, and ignoring the fact that you the bride aren't exactly acting like a normal bride should, I'm here to fulfil my tasks as a bridesmaid.", Cami stammered.

Hayley came to stand in front of her, gripping her shoulders. "Listen to me Cami, nobody needs to know this. You won't tell this to Jackson or Klaus or anyone. Do you understand me?"

Cami nodded slowly, "okay great" Hayley murmured and she was gone.

Cami turned around to look at Elijah, her face question him with a open mouth, slowly shaking her head in confusion.

"Camille, please", Elijah sighed.

"I know you guys still had some unresolved feelings for each other. But seriously Elijah?! You decide to bang her the night before the wedding?! Seriously!?", Cami exclaimed. She reached for a pillow on the bed and threw it at Elijah, who blocked it with his arm.

"Camille, please. You don't understand",

"I don't understand?" She huffed. Placing her hands on her hips waiting for his explanation.

"Hayley told you she was marrying Jackson for the normal reasons, because she .. loves him. Well that's not exactly true.",

Cami frowned, waving her hand indicating for him to continue.

"Marrying Jackson would give her pack the ability of a hybrid, to not turn on the full moon. Therefor she'll be able to reunite her pack and lead it again, together with Jackson. And so.. Hope could return home",

"And am I the only one who didn't know about this?" She exclaimed.

"No, in fact Hayley was the only one who knew that that was the only reason for her marrying Jackson. She didn't tell anyone since she knew Jackson wouldn't marry her if there weren't any romantic reasons involved. Till last night that is. She told me she didn't love him after.. well after I did a few not so very noble things."

"And you're just gonna let her do this?", Cami inquired.

"I love her Camille, and I know that she won't be happy until Hope is in her arms again. I would sacrifice anything if it means she's happy. So yes I will let her.", Elijah said softly looking down.

"Elijah..", Cami said softly looking at him with sympathy. "I'm sorry." She squeezed comforting in his shoulder.

"It's fine Camille.", he looked up. "It'll be fine, eventually I suppose.", he sighed covering his face in his hands.