Ace x Melody The First Time

Today was a very good day for Ace. He decided to take the offer of becoming the second division commander, even as he was the youngest of the lot. Throughout the whole day, Melody joined in on the grand party, even watching Ace stuff his face with loads of food.

Close to the end of the day, Melody decided she needed a break, so she went out up to the crow's nest to think. And the only thing that was on her mind was Ace. She grew up with him, Luffy, and Sabo as their sworn sister. Even so, she couldn't deny the feelings that have been welling up inside her these past couple years of traveling with him.

The girl sighed, running a hand through her golden brown locks, her silver eyes scanning over the area below as they landed on the one man clouding her mind. As they grew up, of course she noticed the change in his physical features. His raven hair was now longer, broad shoulders, adorable freckles across his cheeks, handsome smile, eyes that can make a girl melt, and abs.....oh those abs. How she so badly wanted to run her hands down his chest and feel them all over.

As time passed, the skies became dark, showing it was night. Melody woke up, huddled against the pole in the crow's nest. 'Hmmm...must've fell asleep.' As she gathers her bearings, she gets up, and notices someone leaning over the edge to the side. 'Isn't that...Ace?' She decides to make her way down and approach the man.

Ace leaned over the ledge of the ship, staring into the night sky. He suddenly heard soft footsteps coming towards him, and looked to find the one he called a sister, Melody.

"Hey. The party's over then?"

"Yea...." he trailed off, gazing back up at the sky.

"Ace?" She started.

"Hm?" His gaze didn't change, almost like he was thinking hard about something.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"It's nothing, Mel. Don't worry about it."

"Well it's obviously not if you can't look at me when we're talking." She huffed. As kids, Ace and Melody had a tendency to butt heads quite often. She liked to use her devil fruit to cause trouble, and still did so. Then Ace gave her that nickname. She always smiled at the name.

Ace turned to look at her. Golden brown hair flowed down her back, silver eyes reflecting the stars. 'So beautiful....if only she knew...' he thought. "Melody...are you....are you happy I'm alive?" He met her gaze, a questioning look on his face.

"Oh Ace.....you're on about this again?"

"'On about this again'? Mel, you know who I really am! I'm his son! Everyone wants me dead and I just....I don't know...."

"Ace. We've been through this. You need to be alive. I need you alive. Who else will kick your narcoleptic ass out of bed in the morning?"

"But..."

"No buts. Ace, listen. I was going to wait on telling you this, but I guess now is as good a time as any." The girl stood her ground, looking him right in the eye, blush covering her cheeks, hopefully not visible in the night. "Ace....I really like you. I mean, I....I love you. More than as a brother. I love you. And I'm glad you're alive."

Ace couldn't believe it. She loved him? The girl he viewed as a sister all his life, until just a few years ago when he noticed certain things about her and developed certain feelings for her; she liked him back? His eyes widened, staring into those silver pools that shined in the night.

"W-well don't just stare idiot....I need an answer..." If she wasn't red before, she was sure she was as red as Ace's flames now. "Ace, c'mon. Please answer-mmmph!" She was cut off by a pair of warm lips on hers. It took her a moment to process what was going on- Ace was kissing her! His hands pulled her flush against his body, one holding her waist, and the other trailing up her side to tangle itself in her hair.