Ace of Spades I

She never imagined this would happen. As much as she loved Ace, she didn't know how to break the news to him at all. Even now that the whole Marineford war had been finished, he still doesn't know. And when he finds out, he may be a little pissed at her, knowing she fought in said war pregnant. She sighed. This was gonna be hard....

Meanwhile, Ace was looking for Melody, until he finally saw her staring into the sea, her bandages still wrapped around her torso as she was still in recovery. He smiled. He was so happy that she used her power to wash them out of the way before he and Lu could get injured by that magma freak.

He approached her, and wrapped his arms around her from behind, leaning his head on her shoulder, and breathing in her scent. "You ok, Mel?"

She moves a hand over his arms. 'Damn I'm happy that it's not showing....' She thought. "Yea. I'm fine, Ace...."

"You don't seem like you are....something's going on. I can feel it." He turns her around to face him. "So tell me. What's wrong?"

"Ace....I....I just don't know how to tell you....." She averted her gaze to his onyx orbs that were filled with confusion. "I...Ace....I'm.....I'mpregnant....." She muttered almost inaudibly, as if she didn't want Ace to hear. He did, he just barely caught what she said. But he needed to hear her clearly.

"W-what?"

"I'm...pregnant...."

"P-pregnant?! W-when?!"

"It was before the war.... So about 4 and a half months...."

He grabbed her shoulders, searching her eyes for any doubts. Not finding any he takes her smaller hand in his. Melody moves his hand over her lower abdomen, where he could feel a faint bump. It was barely showing, but it was there. His eyes widened. He was going to be a dad.

"I'm...I'm going to be a dad...."

"Yea...." She looks up at him, and he crashes his lips to hers, filled with fiery passion. After breaking the kiss, he kisses her forehead, and leans his own against hers.

"I love you, Mel. Thank you."

"I love you too, Ace." She hugs him tightly, burying her head in his chest.

He puts his chin on her head and holds her, before realizing something very important. She fought in that war pregnant. "Mel."

"Yea, Ace?"

"You fought in that war pregnant."

"Yes I did."

"You could've died, Melody. The baby could've died." He pulls away, looking her dead in the eye. "Mel, I.....if I knew what was going on I would've...."

"You would've had me stay on the ship, and I wouldn't have been able to help save you. Or Luffy. Ace, it's ok now. I used my Haki to protect the child. And the baby is fine. That's what matters."

"You passed out from overexertion! Melody! That's not ok!" He holds her tightly. "Melody...I love you so much. If I were to lose you....I...I don't know what I'd do."

"I know Ace. I love you too." She leans into him, hands around his muscled back. Suddenly she feels something poking through his shorts. "Ace....." She starts off in a low voice.

"Hmm~?" He breathes in her scent, his face in her neck, leaving a soft kiss.

"Ace....Would you like to go to bed~?" She strokes his chest with her finger. Ace lights up at her suggestion and immediately picks her up and carries her to their shared bedroom, where the two share a very passionate night.