Chapter Three

Adjusting to a new area is hard no matter who you are, but Roman was genuinely excited.

Especially now that he had a place to stay other than living with his cousin.

He had toured Virgil's apartment, and Virgil had given him a pretty strict assessment to see if he was a suitable roommate. Thankfully, Roman must've passed, because Virgil offered him the role of his roommate. Today was his first day living in the new place.

It was a two-bedroom apartment. It was the perfect size for two people to live in; too big for one, too small for three. The small (but cute) kitchen overlooked the living room, which had a comfy beige couch and a tv that was perfect for watching Disney movies. Rent was affordable if split between two people.

Honestly, Roman thought he had lucked out by coming across this place.

The only thing was Virgil's emo posters.

His room was completely covered with them, and he almost always had the blinds closed over the window, so his room was dark except for a lamp he used for dim light. Roman was convinced his new roommate was a vampire. A vampire obsessed with My Chemical Romance, that is.

Roman decided he could live with that, though. If Virgil could put up his emo posters in his room, he figured he could put up his Disney posters in his own room.

He put on his Disney playlist on shuffle, and listened to the song "Belle" play as he put up his first Disney poster, an Aladdin one featuring everyone's favorite genie. He adjusted it until he thought it was straight.

"The right side is a bit too high."

Roman nearly dropped the poster. He spun around, startled, to find his new roommate leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, watching Roman critically.

"Jesus, Virgil, where did you come from?" Roman said.

"I live here, genius." Virgil said sarcastically. "As for this spot in particular, I came in when you were putting up your poster. I heard the music and decided to see what was up." He nodded towards Roman's phone.

"Oh, sorry about that. It's probably not the type of music you normally listen to." Roman said.

"Are you kidding? I love Disney." Virgil said.

"You do?" Roman asked. He didn't even try to mask how shocked he was.

"My favorite movies are Black Cauldron and The Nightmare Before Christmas." Virgil said.

"I couldn't possibly choose a favorite Disney movie, I love them all." Roman said.

"How many posters do you have?" Virgil asked, looking around at the stack of rolled up posters on the floor. Let's just say it would take a long time for Roman to put them all up, and frankly, Virgil didn't know if there was enough room for all of them.

"There's 35 there, but those are just my favorites. I have more at my old house, but I didn't have enough room to bring them all. I've been collecting them over the years. It's sorta a hobby of mine." Roman said.

"How many do you have altogether?" Virgil asked, still not taking his eyes off the stack of posters on the floor.

"101." Roman said. "As in 101 Dalmations."

Virgil made eye contact with Roman and smirked. "That's a respectable amount."

Roman smirked back at Virgil. "You tryna look cool propped up against the wall? You've got your arms crossed and everything?" His time was mocking, but in a friendly way.

"Eh, I was more shooting for the edgy emo thing." Virgil shrugged.

"Oh, believe me, you definitely give off an edgy emo vibe." Roman assured him.