Chapter Four

The alarm sounded bright and early in the morning. Logan sighed, got up, and turned it off.

Patton moaned sleepily.

"Babe?"

"You can go back to sleep, Patton. It's early." Logan told him.

"No, it's your first day of the new school year. I'll get up." Patton yawned and sleepily climbed out of bed. He planted a kiss on Logan's lips.

"Good morning, love." Logan smiled.

"Good morning." Patton said.

Logan took a quick shower and got himself ready.

Patton was downstairs making breakfast, and when Logan met him in the kitchen, he handed his husband a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Thank you." Logan grabbed a fork and sat down, taking a bite of the eggs.

"Do you like it?" Patton asked.

Logan nodded. "Yes, thank you."

"Would you even say it's... eggs-cellent?" Patton grinned.

Logan stared at him deadpanned. "I will divorce you."

"No you won't." Patton laughed. "In fact, I would even say you secretly like my corny puns."

"Don't push it." Logan ate another bite of eggs.

Patton grabbed a piece of bacon himself. "Are you at least excited for the this school year?"

Logan nodded. "I'll be getting a brand new set of students to teach, and I can't wait to meet all of them and help them learn. The students really are sweethearts, and I think that's the best thing about teaching."

"That was so sweet." Patton smiled warmly.

"It was honest." Logan shrugged.

"Do any of your previous students say hi sometimes?" Patton asked.

"Sometimes before school starts. I always enjoy seeing them again." Logan said. "Remember my past student, Morgan? She's a senior now."

"They grow up so fast." Patton said. "I know I certainly get emotional when a sweetheart from the daycare grows a bit too old to be sent to daycare. They're growing up to be the best version of them they can be."

"Certainly." Logan agreed.

He finished eating his breakfast and washed his plate off.

"What time do you open the daycare?" Logan asked.

"8:30." Patton replied.

"So you still have a bit of time before you have to go to work." Logan said.

Patton nodded. "I can bingewatch cartoons without you commenting on the inaccuracy."

"I was thinking you could sleep, but... That works too." Logan said.

Logan made himself coffee and poured it into a travel coffee cup so that he could bring it to work with him.

"I should get going now." Logan said, looking at the time.

"Bye, Logan." Patton said, giving Logan another kiss.

"See you this afternoon." Logan grabbed his keys and headed out to his car.

The high school that Logan worked at wasn't too far from his house, and he didn't have a lot of traffic because it was before the sun came up. The students wouldn't be there for another 45 minutes. Logan had to be there early because he was a teacher, and he had a classroom to set up.