Chapter Ten - The Game You Play

-Mal-

She tossed and turned.

Mal couldn't seem to get comfortable; it's been two years since she's seen, Harry, now he wants her to choose.

Her past or her future, it was all too much for her honesty. She couldn't love Ben, and as much as tries to deny it, she loves Harry.

Lightning strikes on a cold night. "Three in morning," She groans. She hears small knocks on the door, she smiled thinking f Ben.

She throws the blankets off of her person and skips to the door. As the door creaks open, her smile slowly grows. "Ben, what are you doing up?"

"You've kept me up, you and the pirate," Ben said inviting himself in. "Oh, I do apologize, I should've had asked," He explains apologetically.

"You're always invited in Ben," She smiled. She sat on the bed, waiting for him to say something.

"Do you love him?" Ben questioned carefully.

"Harry?" He nodded making her gulp, "I mean I did on the isle... But not anymore" She lied. Ben knew that he also saw them in the hallway.

He saw Harry get closer and closer. He also saw how she liked it? How she didn't push away. The small kiss between them, which changed Mal and Ben's future.

"So you didn't kiss him?" Mal eyes went wide, did she kiss him. She shook her head. She had so many things to say, but nothing came out.

Ben had always been a calm, reasonable person. The person he loved, the girl he has wanted for so long. As a prince, he always thought he got what he wanted, and then when he became the king he somehow thought she would love him, he thought she wanted power and love.

"Ben-" Mal tried to explain.

"NO! Mal tell me...yes or no," He demanded. Mal tried to blink away the tears, but she couldn't her tears fell.

"Yes," She cried, "Yes, I did kiss him, I do love him," She cried, the tears came and came, but all Ben could do was nothing except stand there and watch her break down in the pool of her tears.

He wanted her to drown herself, in the tears. "You don't know what you have done," He yelled to himself. "I wasn't going to do it at first, but then I thought of you. I told myself that it was the right thing to do, you got me fool, you had everyone fool,"

"What are you talking about," She let out.

"I was going to take down the barrier, for you. But I see what you are now. You're just a villain," He shouted. Mal's eyes shone with green, she was mad, sad, she was an emotional mess, but she didn't want to be called a villain anymore.

She wrote her own story, she wanted to be something else, but she was born on the isle. She can't make her own story apparently; she can only lie in the shadow of her own life.

"I am not a villain; I am Mal; daughter of a villain. I have chosen my own path and I will not apologize for this journey I have begun. I'm not sorry that along the way I fell in love, I'm not sorry that I met you, I will never be sorry for my life now, but I am sorry you got hurt in the process," She yelled.

"War," He said, their deadly glares burning into each other's souls. Both to resilient to give up. She truly was a Queen, just not his queen. "I hope you and your pirate can be ready for my forces,"

Mal laughed at him, the isle has been ready for war for too long. "You think because you're 'Good' you will win. Villains' know all the tricks" Mal growled.

"If I'm correct villain's always lose." He recited, Making Mal want his head on a spike.

"No, No, No...Our parents chose the outcome of their battles. I am not my mother, I am different because I will win the war," Mal stated confidently.

Ben shook his head, laughing as he made his way out "You broke my heart," he said the mood once again saddening.

"You shouldn't have given me your heart, it wasn't mine to keep safe," Mal softly said slamming the door in his face.

She ran to her pillow and screamed into her pillow. "Mal," She almost screamed at the voice.

She turned around and saw Harry; he looked very concerned but secretly happy. It was quiet for a while the wind buzzed around as their eyes were locked.

Mal's eyes were red and puffy from crying. Harry slowly walked towards her, his every move based on her reactions.

When he got to her, he cupped her face with his hands, his thumbs stroking her cheeks. "Hi," He said slowly making Mal smile.

Before she could say anything, His lips were on her's in mere seconds.

Their lips moved in sync, keeping their pace Harry not so subtly slipped his tongue into her mouth, his tongue slowly massaged her.

It was more passion than lust, and to Mal, it's exactly what she needed; Him

As they separated, Mal had to catch her breath, and Harry still held onto her, "I heard everything," He whispered inhaling her scent.

Mal rested her hand on his chest as she looked up at him "What are you doing here," Was all Mal could muster up.

He tore away from her before stripping his clothing away. Mal stared at him in lust as his six-pack came into sight, her eyes traveled down his body before stopped on his member.

She shook it off before they both did something they probably would regret. "What are you doing?"

"I want to cuddle," he smiled sheepishly.

He jumped on her bed and opened his arms wide. Mal sprawled out on the edge, her face towards the wall.

After a few minutes, she was being pulled back hitting his bare chest. His arms wound her stomach. "What about the War," She remembered.

"It's already taken care of," He said. She rested her head on his chest as sleep came.

"I Love you," he whispered, kissing her forehead gently.

"Love you," She wasn't sure if it was because she was tired or because

She meant it...