THREE.

'ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ғᴀᴄᴇ ɪs ᴀssᴜʀɪɴɢ

'ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ғᴀᴄᴇ
ɪs ᴀssᴜʀɪɴɢ. ' ↙︎

✰✰✰

"I THINK THERE IS, IN FACT, LIFE OUT THERE. I mean- how can there not be? Space is infinite. Do you really believe we're the only ones in the universe?" Verity rambled on, pointing to the dark sky and back to her. Her blue eyes seemed to catch a glimmer from the gleam of the moon, and the fascination as she raved about space.

Eddie's eyes stayed rigidly focused on the girl, even whilst being under an alluring starry night sky. "It's something that makes goosebumps rise on my skin. I'd rather not know," he replied, merely shrugging.

"Really? It is kind of creepy, but it's interesting," the girl continued, a smile settling on her pink, plump lips.

"I think it's equally terrifying. Whether we're alone or not."

"I agree with you on that," she responded shortly, and a diminutive laugh eloped from her as she nodded.

And, after that, silence fell on the duo for a few moments before Verity turned to her side, clasping her hands together and placing them under her face as she stared at Eddie's-pleasing-face. .

"Eds?" her voice came out at a level just above a whisper, as if nervous or hesitant to speak, and frankly, she was.

"Yeah?" he mirrored her actions from before, turning to face her on his side.

"Thank you," she said softly, a delectable smile being displayed on her face. And, even under the blanket of the night, he caught the way her cheeks tinted a light pink.

"For what?" Eddie asked, furrowing his brows in confusion as he attempted to recall any favors he had done for her.

"For always being here for me. I know you don't really care about space or... any of my dumb ramblings and stuff. But, thank you for listening to me anyway." Verity shrugged lightly, eyes still keenly fixated on Eddie's face

One. Two. Three. Fourfivesixseven- his heartbeats had started evenly, but then they increasingly sped up, like running miles and miles per hour with no halt. Gawkily, he blinked several times as if adjusting his eyes to the light, despite the darkness engulfing them.

Verity softly giggled at the boy, furrowing her brows in a disoriented manner at his sudden strange behavior. "Are you okay?"

Eddie nodded, looking away for a brief moment before returning his engaged attention to her. "Yes. Sorry," he infirmly replied, rubbing his eyes. "A-and don't thank me. I'll-I'll always be here for you..." his voice had gradually fell to an insecure tone of a whisper.

Watching the doubtful and fluctuant boy in front of her, Verity's heart wrenched, almost painfully. "I know, Eds. I'll always be here if you ever need to talk, too, okay?" she placed a hand atop of his, catching him off guard. He jumped up slightly, heartbeat beginning to accelerate once again.