NINE PT. 2

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   a continuation

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
a continuation...
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

' ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀs ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ
s ᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏɴᴇs ' ↙︎

INITIALLY, VERITY HAD PLANNED to accompany Ben, Mike, Stan, and Beverly outside until she found out Eddie was going inside the house along with Bill and Richie. The girl felt a heavy cull in her heart as she watched him step forward, his body noticeably trembling. She couldn't let him go in there if she didn't go in as well. It felt... wrong; so, so wrong. She felt an unknown consciousness casting over her, leaving her to wonder if they'd make it out the house alive.

"W-wait, I'm going, too," she spoke up with a painful strain in her voice as she stepped forward towards Eddie.

Behind the girl, Mike and Stan exchanged knowing looks, shrugging, for they knew the feelings stirring between the pair. "Are you sure?" Stan asked anyway, lifting his brow.

"Y-yeah, I'm sure," she assured him, hesitantly nodding.

"Wait, wait, it's safer out here," Eddie had already been descending towards the house, but stopped shortly after hearing Verity, too, was coming along.

With ease, Verity took his hand in hers, locking them together as she gave him a reassuring squeeze. Eddie's eyes shot to hers, a small, pink tint settling on the soles of his cheeks. "It's okay, Eddie, I'll be okay."

Richie coughed abruptly. "Okay, yeah, kiddos, time to go inside."

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw. You guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks," Richie futilely spoke, walking slowly along Verity's side.

"Shut up, Richie," Eddie said, expressing annoyance as he rolled his eyes at the curly-haired boy.

"Do you ever shut up?" she groaned, rolling her eyes much like Eddie as the other eyes roamed the darkened home, light seeping through cracks here and there.

"Kiss me and I will," Richie told her with a dallying smile, resting his elbow on Verity's shoulder as he flicked his hair to the side, winking.

Eddie's meager footsteps resounded loudly as he walked towards them, pushing Richie away from Verity. "Kiss your dog, Rich," the smaller boy snapped back.

Verity ignored the bickering that followed after that, the soles of her shoes taking her forward as she still continued to observe the dim house.