Separation and Wildling Prisoner

Jon shook me awake early that morning. We packed our things quickly and headed out. The walk increased in difficulty the further north we went. The ranges became more mountainous and I couldn't help but recall my dream. Watching for familiar mountains or things that gave me a feeling that I knew them.

The walking went on and on until we reached the fist of the first men and made camp. We were waiting for scouts that had already been north of the wall for awhile. I was standing with Jon overlooking the vastness of the snowy north when we heard a horn.

"What is it?" Sam asked walking over to us with Pyp and Grenn.

The horn only blew once, "Once is friendly right?" I asked.

Sam nodded, "Once is rangers returning"

"Two is Wildlings or fow" Pyp added.

"Three is White walkers" Sam said

Pyp and Grenn looked at him, "Why would that be needed".

The person that came to our camp was Qhorin Halfhand. He and his men were from Shadow tower and also helping to look for Benjen. Halfhand talked with Mormont for some time then he walked about the camp.

He soon called over others to show us something. He stood looking at a mountain range not far away, the snow blowing making the image of it blurry.

"Do you see it?" Halfhand asked no one in particular.

I was standing with Jon and I think we both saw it.

"There is a fire" Me and Jon spoke together.

"Good eyes" Halfhand commented "Wildling scout's most likely, I should take some men to cut them off or Mance may find out we are here quicker than we would like".

"Alright" Mormont nodded.

"Commander, I would like to go with them" Jon stepped forward.

He talked with Mormont who eventually agreed. Then Mormont looked at me, "I suppose you want to go too?".

I looked at him and nodded. He then looked at Halfhand who had joined the conversation. Halfhand looked at me and asked, "Can you fight, I won't have you slowing us down".

"I can fight, I won't do anything but help I promise" I reply.

"Good then you are welcome to join" Halfhand said walking away.

Me and Jon didn't have long to grab what we needed and follow Halfhand and a few of his men as they started the long walk towards the fire.

I enjoyed the views of our walk, but I admit walking through snow and up mountains grew tiring. Though we grew tired, Ghost and Snow pranced about the mountain ranges. They wandered freely so much so that we lost track of them not far into the trip.

We halted just a few yards away from the camp and Halfhand gave us the signal to sneak in. I stayed by Jon, drawing my daggers from my belt as we crept closer. Me and Jon are huddled behind a boulder and we can see Halfhand feet away behind a snow pile. He nodded and ran, we ambushed them. There weren't many of them. All the men in Halfhands group had taken on one of the males that were in the wildling group. I was armed for a fight looking for somewhere I could help when I saw a Wildling girl with bright red hair she had a bow armed and pointed at one of Halfhand's men. I ran up behind her quickly and tackled her, she dropped her bow from impact and we wrestled a bit. She went to hit my face but paused seeing I was a girl "Lady Crow?" She muttered. I broke from her confused gaze when Halfhand told me to get off her.
I stood keeping hold on her and one of the men took her from my grasp and pushed to on a rock. We surrounded her, stopping her escape.

They decided they should kill her as she wasn't letting out any useful information.

"I'll do it" Jon stepped up.

Halfhand nodded and said he and the others would continue walking up the mountain. I stayed with my brother.

I stood keeping watch while my brother pulled his sword. I could see him hesitating. The girl called Ygritte yelled for my brother to just do it, strike hard and kill her. Jon looked from her to me then raised his sword over his head. I looked away as he brought it down. But there was a clank, not a noise usually heard when beheading someone. I timidly looked to find Ygritte was still alive and Jon's sword rested on the rock just in front of her face.

There was a paused only filled with our deep breathing.

Suddenly Ygritte jump up, pushing Jon to the ground and began to run. I raced after her passing my brother who was getting up from the ground. I ran gaining on her quickly, I turned around a large rock. Racing uphill, Ygritte looked behind her and I took the time to knock her down, blindsiding her. She yelled and kicked.

"Calm down, you're not going nowhere" I said tying her hands together with some rope.

I handed the long end of the rope to Jon, it was like a leash attached to her hands.

Jon paused once the girl was under control, we had no clue where we were. We didn't know how far we had run from our original location. Jon and I shared a glance then he picked a direction that seemed right and began to walk. We walked up a mountain, darkness around us growing, the sunset barely reaching the landing on the mountain where we decided to stop for the night.

It was growing colder as well, Ygritte pointed that it could kill us and it would be warmer if her and Jon were together. Since we couldn't start a fire, because it could get us caught. I had my back to them, but I felt Jon look at me, thinking if I would freeze to death. Just then we heard a howl, out of the black a white figure with blue eyes trotted out of the darkness.

Ygritte gasped, "That's a direwolf".

I smiled at her, "This is Snow she is mine".

I laid down and Snow curled around me keeping me warm. Jon and Ygritte laid down together, I could tell Jon was nervous to.