Hardhome Part 2

He nodded. As we watched the could move towards the gate.

I turned and started pulling people to the boats, telling them to put children on their laps for space. Every Time I looked back I saw saw the cloud closer and I saw people running towards the shore. But then the gates closed cutting off the people from getting in, I could barely hear their cries, but then they grew to screams of terror then it went silent.

That is when the sounds of walkers burst thru and the banging on the gate grew louder.

People began running into the water swimming if they needed to reach a boat. People began to push and fight each other.

"If they get thru, we die!" Tormund yelled over the noise.

Jon looked out onto the chaos and took his sword in hand.

Tormund and I also unsheathed our weapons and we ran into the crowd ready to fight.

We ran through the camp fighting off the dead, cutting them down. We paused suddenly in the hectic fight as Jon spoke. "The Dragon Glass" and ran toward the hut we had left it in.

"JON"I cried and ran after him. I covered his back as he ran fighting off any walkers that tried to run up behind him.

Wun Wun burst through the side of the hut, covered in the dead, he was grabbing them and throwing them like dolls. Jon and I ran into the hut, "Where are they?" I called sword up looking for any sign of the Dragon Glass. The fire that was in the hut had spilled over and lite half of the wooden building in flame and it was only growing. The fire seemed to grow blue and dimm as snow filled and parted a way. A way for a White to come in.

"Get the glass" I said to Jon he looked at me in protest but I shoot him down, "GO".

I took my sword up and walked towards the iceman, more nervous than confident. I didn't swing at him, he barely moved, we stared at each other until he took a step towards me then I swung. He seemed unfazed, he dodged by stepping to the side. I quickly spun so I was facing him knowing not to have my back to an opponent like this. He took out his long spear, and as I swung again hit stopped the blow with his weapon which shattered mine. I stood stunned and slowly stumbled back. The man walked towards me, he spun the spear in his hand and used the blunt end to hit me in my stomach knocking my into the flames. I grunted and screamed waiting for pain. I didn't I opened my squinted eyes, thinking maybe I hadn't landed among the flames. But I did I was surrounded by them, laying in them. I panicked and rolled out, breathing heavy, the rolling putting out the flames that singed my clothes. I saw Jon get flung across the room away from what I assumed was the Dragon Glass. As Jon and the white fought and ran from my corner of the room where Jon was previously and began to collect the Dragon Glass

I finish getting the glass and run outside just before Jon does, he grabs his sword and stops the attack from the white and is able to kill it. Jon was out of breath when Tormund and Eddison found us again.

"The Dragon glass" Jon huffed to Eddison.

"DOn't WORry OF IT, LET's GO" I yell out, not really thinking of saying I have it , I just wanted to leave. He nods and we begin fighting and running again.

As we fought our way back through and got closer to the gate and walls the dead had grown to strong and broke it down. They were scrambling over it before it could completely hit the dirt.

We knew we couldn't fight them head on so we ran back towards the sea, fighting only the ones that caught up to us. One grabbed my elbow, I whipped around hitting it in the face then cut off it's head and continued running. Wun Wun the giant was behind us with a flaming post hitting them away. We practically jumped into the boat when we reached it, Tormund caught me, well I landed on him. As we looked back at the battle. As the dead killed and Wun Wun walked into the water, Walkers jumped on him.

We watched as people fought but inevitably all died. Through the bodies and walkers now just standing still emerged a man made of ice, he watched us as he lifted his hands as with them the people we just watched die all rose.

Once we got off the ship it was just as quiet and solemn a walk to Castle Black. Everyone was tired, cold and sad. All of them lost somebody. I walked behind Jon, I was with the two little girls whose mother had put on a boat but didn't make it herself. Tormund walked with me and them, the rest of the thousands or so walked behind us.

We stopped a good 30 yards to or so from the gate, looking up and praying that they would actually open the gates. I heard a howl as we waited, it sounded close.

Through the snowy winds emerged two white wolves who seemed to form from the snow itself.

"Jon" I said smiling as Ghost and Snow trotted closer to us.

Ghost and Snow stopped in front of us saying hello then began to wonder around the horde. I'm glad my wolf found me again.

The moments of waiting we sickening, waiting for the watch to open the gates to us. When the crash and groans of cold metal stirred it was a relief, everyone let out a breath and could see the safety ahead. The wildlings marched through castle black, in a line, as the Night's watch stood around watching them as they did. Most very uneasy about their presence. I saw how the Brothers looked at Jon, they looked angry, like they didn't trust him anymore. I was across the line from him and sam ushering Wildlings through the courtyard and out the southern gate.

Once they were all through we left them to settle and mourn what happened.

The watch was just as quiet as the wildlings, the inner turmoil was dividing them and I could see it.