Death of a Brother

The wolves were to be kept locked up at nights, so that is what I was trying to do, but I always felt bad. So I let them run around the courtyard. They stopped and stood by the gates beyond the wall. I waited watching as Ser Davos and The Red Priestess came through the gates. I walked up to them with my brows showing confusion, they were supposed to be with Stannis.

"Hello, mi Lady" Davos nodded to me.

"Hello, why are you back?" I asked.

"Stannis..." Davos started then trailed off, Stannis must be dead.

"We need to speak with your brother" he replied.

I nodded, "He is in his office, I'll see if I can find rooms for the both of you" I smiled, they looked tired as well.

They thanked me and walked to see Jon.

"Ghost, Snow!" I called, "Come now!".

The wolves patted over to me and nuzzled me before walking into the stable, meant for horses, but they held two direwolves just the same. I slide the wooden lock in place and walked to the top balcony to set up rooms for Davos and Melisandre.

After I was done I went to my room to sleep. I was tired from travelling and battle and mentally tired. I flopped on the bed of stuffed hay, not the most comfy bed, but it was comfortable enough. My eyes drifted and sleep took over.

It was hard to keep track of time in dreams, at least I thought I was dreaming, but I soon reaslized this was a memory. It was when I was very little, maybe 5 years old. I had a dream-a nightmare- that my brother was killed. I remember crying in father's arms all night, it haunted me. I had long since forgot, what child would remember a dream where their brother died.

I jumped awake, my mind racing, I needed to see Jon. I swung out of bed I grabbed my cloak and fastened it over my night dress. I didn't care I was still in it. I swung my door open and instantly heard Ghost and Snow, banging and howling. My breathing picks up as I run down the stairs, I swing around the bannister, when something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. I slowly turn my heart pounding in my head and my breath keeps catching in my throat. As I walk I know who it is, they lay in the snow, blood all around them, the black outfit, the sword. "No...no..no" I chant as tears fill my eyes "NO!" I scream as I fall beside my brother. I cry and cry hugging him, "JON!, JONN" my scream of his name just fades into a long drawn out painful scream. I scream like i'm being murdered as I cry.

The Wildlings were just waking up, the sun just peaking, when the sound of a tormented scream seemed to travel with the winds. It lead them all to look at Castle Black, that had faded in the distance.

Davos was the first to scrambled to attention after the scream. He ran out and over the landing across the courtyard, he saw the crying girl over her brother, both sitting in blood.

He raced to her, he took her in his arms. She fought at first, but he hushed her calmly. As he held her the others began to stir running from their rooms and posts.

3 men, along with Eddison are the first there, Davos tells them to bring him inside as he continues to hold Rhae in his arms. The men pick John up, having to wretch him out of his sister's grip. Once he is off the ground and being carried away, Davos helps Rhae up and he walks her behind, all filing into a room after Jon's body. They knocked things off the table and placed Jon on it, they closed and locked the door.

Davos places Rhae on a chair at the foot of the table and bends down to speak with her.

"Do you know who did this?" Davos asks the crying girl.