Chapter Five: Hard-Core Hangover

Tuesday at School.

Miranda and her new boyfriend Just got out of third period, The two walked to her locker. She dialed the digits, 9-15-33. Ding, the sound of the door opening made, she swung the door open, and placed her calculus book on the binder rack, she had bought at target. it was a nice purple. She grabbed her art binder, and pencil case.

''MIRANDA! CODE RED!'' Callie said running over and bumping into Miranda, causing her to smash her side off the locker door.

''First off, OW!'' Miranda screamed.

''Sorry'' Callie said ''We have a problem''

''What is it?'' Miranda asked

''Sara, she's having a.... Crisis in the washroom'' Callie said ''We need you, like.. Now!''

''Oh great'' Miranda said, She kissed Nick, ''Ill see you after fourth?''

''Of course'' Nick smiled ''I have to talk to Hanley anyways, I love you''

''Love you too!'' Miranda said running after Callie, forgetting to shut her locker. Nick closed it for her.

Callie and Miranda emerged through the bathroom door, locking the door behind them. Sara was screaming and crying on the bathroom floor.

''Oh my god.... Are you okay!'' Miranda cried dropping her books, She saw Sara's arm.

''She was attacked'' Claire said, ''We think by a bear, or a very vicious dog''

''You need to see the nurse!'' Miranda demanded.

''NO!'' Sara yelled ''No!''

''Whoa, why not!'' Miranda said ''You could die of infection''

''I'm fine, that's not why I'm upset!'' Sara said

''Miranda, Parker hasn't been in school once today, she hasn't answered her phone, in fact it was disconnected, Sara said she saw her dad throw something at her last night, but didn't think anything of it, We wanna go over to her house after school, can you come?''

''I have plans with Nick, but... I guess I can cancel'' Miranda said

''Or just bring him'' Claire said

''No, I don't want to involve him in this'' Miranda said

''Speaking of Absent, has anyone seen Jim today?'' Callie asked

''He still wasn't in first, the school called home, and his parents haven't seen him since Sunday evening. He was going to football practise, that's what Mrs. Motorway said'' Miranda spoke

''Damn'' Claire said, just as the bell rang. ''I gotta go''

''So do I, if I'm late, my teacher will lock me out, and mark me absent'' Miranda said, she grabbed her binder and pencil case, and ran out and to class, with one minute to spare, she plumped in her seat, next to her best friend, Gwen.

''Mrs. Redding, late again I see'' Mr. Stevens said

''Mr. Stevens, I'm so sorry, my friend was attacked, I was just making sure she got to the nurse alright'' Miranda said

''Oh, alright. That's good of you,'' Mr. Stevens smiled, ''Today we're going to be learning about artist and such''

Mr. Stevens put on his projector, and pulled up a slide-show, ''Can anyone tell me who this is?'' He asked

''Vincent Van Gogh'' Miranda smiled

''That's correct'' Mr. Stevens said ''Now, Mr. Van Gogh seems like a happy man, right? Always painting starry nights, or beautiful sunflowers''