1 - S.H.I.E.L.D

1 - S.H.I.E.L.D

A lot had changed since 1942. I lost two of best friends, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes. My brother Silas always said I shouldn't have grown attached to mortals, but I did and now they are gone. It is now the year 2011 and I am still the same as 1942. The same burgundy locks, the same ageless face. I will forever think this living longer is a terrible curse bestowed upon me, yet Silas said we should be thankful.

I say what is to thank about watching your friends grow old and you still stay the same. You see me and my brother come from another world. Our parents were Asgardians. My father was known as a Traveller with the ability to teleport to any destination he thought of. But he was also half Kinetic, which meant he could move objects with his mind as well as teleporting.

My mother was known as a Lucidia, she had incredible abilities to do with controlling the mind. She could see in to a persons mind and know every single memory. It also came with constantly hearing everyone's thoughts. But one of the scariest things about being a Lucidia is that they can manipulate a persons thoughts that's why most of their kind were killed including my mother.

Silas had inherited my fathers gifts and I inherited both of my parents abilities. I have always had to hide away because going out into public places would drive me crazy with the noise of peoples jumbled thoughts buzzing in the background and only I could hear it. I only ever went out when Bucky and Steve dragged me out of the house.

But neither of them are here and I now work alongside my brother for S.H.I.E.L.D. It took a hell of a lot of convincing to get me to join, as people like them and people like me don't mix well. But Silas managed to get me on board, he even said it would be a good thing because we wouldn't have to hide our powers from the world. I guess working for S.H.I.E.L.D gave me a purpose, another reason to live.

We've been working for S.H.I.E.L.D for about three years now. Silas and I worked alongside Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff or as I like to call them Clint and Natasha. I never really like the title Agent, that's why I refuse to be called one. Sila is good enough for me.

I picked up a knife off the table and threw it at the target hitting it straight in the centre. I've never missed a single shot. Knives have always been my speciality, I have never been one for guns. I grabbed two more hurtling them at the target each of them landing in centre. Soon I had run out of knives as all of them remained in a cluster at the centre of the target board.

I closed my eyes and raised my arms. I imagined the knives coming backwards ever so slowly using my hands to beckon them towards me. Then I pushed my hands forward and the blades flew into the centre of the target with such a force the target board fell to the ground on top of a pile of knives.

"Sila, Fury wants to see you." I knew that voice anywhere.

"What does he want now?" I asked turning to face Natasha.

"Something that might interest you." She replied.

"Now this I must see because it has to be something important for me to be interested. Just let me clean up in here and I'll go and meet him."

"He'll be in the conference room."

"Thanks, Natasha." I said as she left.

I used my telekinetic abilities to put all the knives back on to their rack and put the target back into its original position. Once I made the room look as it was when I found it, I made my way to the conference room. I pushed open the glass door, as Fury was talking to Silas, Clint and Natasha.

"Take a seat, Agent Lockwell." Director Fury said ushering me to sit down.

"For the thousandth time, please just call me Sila." I replied pulling up a chair. "So, what did I miss?"

"Well it's suspected some HYDRA supporters are trying to search for the tesseract." Silas said sliding a file over to me.

"I thought they were all wiped out." I said as I checked out the file.

"It turns out some have resurfaced and that's where you come in." Fury said.

"What do you actually want me to do?" I asked slightly confused.

"You, your brother, Agent Barton and Romanoff are going to find them and terminate them." Fury instructed.

"Well then, I guess it's time to suit up." I said leaving the room with the case file in hand.

HYDRA must be stopped from ever resurfacing. They will be stopped even if it costs me my life.