11- Find You

11- Find You

After Dr Banner took my blood we talked for a while. I learnt more about myself in an essence and more about where I came from because as a child my parents mentioned very little about our Asgardian past. He also helped me catch up on what I missed while HYDRA kept me locked up. There's more Asgardians like me and some are good and some are bad.

He specifically mentioned two brothers, Thor and Loki. Thor was the god of thunder and the good one of the brothers, whereas Loki was the bad or as the doctor said 'evil one', who tried to take over the Earth.

I am now sat on the roof looking down at the cityscape before me. Everything looks so small yet sounds so loud. I hear the buzz of thoughts pouring out the minds of man.

My memory of this Steve is returning ever so slowly and with that the false memories are disappearing even slower. I can't rid my mind of the encounter with James, well what was left of him. He was not the same man I knew. His faint thoughts were those of a broken man. He was unrecognisable apart from his eyes in which I saw a glimmer of the James Buchanan Barnes I once knew.

"Hey Sila, how you doing?" Steve said sitting down beside me.

"I'm surprised you want to be sitting so close to someone who tried to kill you." I say turning to face him.

"I am sitting with my friend and besides I need your help."

"No, I can't do what you're about to ask me." I reply after reading his thoughts, he's asking me to do the impossible.

"How did you, the mind reading thing." He says shaking his head.

"Yes and Steve I want to find Bucky as much as you do. I saw him that day in the forest." I leave out the part when I saw him as the winter soldier in HYDRA. That was a piece of information I was not ready to share, yet.

"You saw him? What did he do? Did he say anything?"

"He just walked away."

"Can't you do that mind thing, where you listen out for him?" Steve asks.

"I can only do that within a certain radius and besides I would need to know his exact location."

"That shouldn't be too hard to find."

"What do you mean?" I ask feeling slightly confused.

"Bodies of know HYDRA associates have slowly been dropping, all killed in the same way and there's only one person out there we know who would be killing them."

"Even if it is him, how do we know who's going to be next?"

"We don't."

"Hey, you two!" Someone shouts from behind us. It doesn't take me long to realise who it is.

"Natasha." Steve says.

"We've got an idea on how to find him." Natasha says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Come inside and Dr Banner will explain."

On that note, Steve jumped to his feet within in a matter of milliseconds following Natasha back inside.

"You coming?" She says.

"Yeah." I reply getting up.

I walk back into the tower taking a seat on the couch next to Steve. Natasha slid two files across the coffee table, one for me and one for Steve. I open it up and I am met with a case file about a school.

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

"A school? Are you serious?" Steve said with laugh as if it was a joke.

"I am deadly serious, Steve." Natasha said.

"No, Steve this could be just what I need." I say dismissing his questions.

This is exactly what I could do with right now. I flicked through the rest of the file skimming the pages until one stood out to me. The professor there, Charles Xavier is a mutant whatever that is. But he has similar abilities to me. Telepathy, mind reading and control. I need to see him. He is the closest I will ever get to another Lucidia.

"How do you know of him?" I ask Natasha.

"I don't, Bruce does." She says.

"Our paths crossed once." Dr Banner said.

"What does any of this have to do with finding Bucky?" Steve asks.

"Well you wanted to find his exact location by Sila here searching for him using her Lucidia powers, am I correct?"

"Yeah, but it's impossible. I already told Steve they only work within a certain range." I say for what seems like the hundredth time, but is only the second.

"The professor has a machine called the Cerebro which amplifies your powers in an essence. I am not too familiar with the workings of the device, but your best bet is going to see him."

"What are we waiting for then?" I say getting up and walking past a smiling Natasha.

A/N

Sorry for a late-ish upload, but yeah thank you all so much for 1K reads I am so glad you are all taking the time to read this.

So, The next stop in the search for Bucky is going to see Professor X. The chapter/chapters with Professor X are the one's I'm most excited for you guys to see.

Hopefully, I'll try and do weekly uploads. My next job is to get something up for my imagines this week. It's most likely one week will be an imagine and the other a fan fic chap!

I appreciate every vote, comment and follow from each one of you wonderful people!

Thank you so much for all your support and I hope you enjoy this instalment :)