Chapter 7

We went back inside and sat at the table. "Were you watching us?" I asked. "No. But I was listening closely." He said. "You guys paused for like 2 minutes." He said. Thats when we kissed, he didn't know we did. "Oh. Ya. We did." I said. Peeta looked at me and then I could of sworn he looked at my chest then up a little more. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." He said looking at me. We laughed. It was dinner time but we had gotten invited to a fancy place called The Pines it was supposed to be really good. I dressed in a white gown with a bunch of ruffles it had no sleeves. It came down to my toes. Peeta wore a suit. He looked so handsome. I'm sure tonight was going to be the night. If you know what I mean. We got done dressing and my hair was the only thing that didn't look right with the gown. I didn't have my stylists with me. "Shoot." I said out loud. "What?" Peeta asked. "My hair. I don't know what to do with it." I said. Peeta looked at me for a long time then kissed me. "My mom always used to put it in a bun." He said. "Do you know how to make buns?" He said with a smile. "Yes." I smiled back. So I did put my hair up in a fancy bun with a little hairpiece in it. "Beautiful as ever." Peeta said. I turned around from the mirror and smiled. We kissed for about 3 minutes then remembered that we had to go. We got to The Pines. Everyone was dressed like Peeta and I. Wow they all looked so gorgious. Peeta and I danced. Then we ate. We didn't know anyone there exept I think I saw Effie. Or it just might be a woman dressed like a peacock. But it had to be her. She looked at me then waved. "Hello Katniss!" She said. "Hi Effie! You look so, so, stunning!" I finished. "Oh, well thank you! I love your dress and I love the new hair style!" She said. "Thanks." Peeta said. Effie looked at him a little weird. "Oh Peeta it's you!" Effie said. Peeta didn't reply. He just nodded his head. We went home after desert and thats when it happened. That was the perfect time.