Chapter 16

I walked in the door crying. "Katniss? Is that you?" He said from the kitchen. "Yeah." I sniffed. "Well you were fast! Did you get-" He stopped when he saw the deer and that I was crying. "Katniss what happened?" Peeta asked. "Prim." I managed to get out. "Oh Katniss." Peeta said hugging me. "Here i'll take this." He said taking the deer meat away from me. He sat me down on the couch. "Katniss what about Prim?" He asked. "I I." I tried to say. "I saw her." I managed to say. He looked at me like I was crazy. "See!" I cried. "I knew you wouldn't believe me." I cried again. "Katniss how did you see Prim?" He asked. "She, she was the bear." I said normal. He starred at me for a minute. "No Peeta you don't understand it was her! The bears eyes looked just like hers." I said. He tried to hide his smile but he did a bad job. "Your so mean." I said laughing. "I'm sorry but I dont understand." He said trying not to smile. We laughed. "But really, I did. Otherwise I wouldn't be crying over a bear." I said. "And of course you didn't kill it." He said taking a breath. "Of course I didn't, it was already in so much pain and when I said Prim it whined and rubbed its head on me." I said. "Katniss. You crack me up." Peeta said. "Good. Because I bet you'll be cracking up when you sleep on the couch tonight." I said getting up. No one never should say 'Oh you crack me up' or laugh when I'm crying. But since hes my husband he should know. But of course he didn't because all he cared about was the bear, And eating it. "Oh Katniss you really do crack me up, but do I really have to sleep on the couch?" He asked. "Of course because than I can say 'Peeta you crack me up!' because you'll be on the couch with no blanket on." I said smiling.