chapter 7

authors note:

plaese read the A/N at the end.

enjoy

***

Chapter 7

The windows were too tented to see anything and I know nobody with that car. At first I thought ooh what a good smarten but then the engines stops running. So natural I thought they ran out of gas but then I saw who got out.

Lacy

Lacy is Ivy's older sister. I haven't seen her since Ivy's funeral which turned out to be a disaster. Lacy accused June of purposefully causing the car wrack. Killing ivy. She has hated June ever since.

Now what confuse me the most is that Danny steps out of the passenger side.

How do they know each other?

When did they meet?

Why are they here?

Those seem like simple questions right. Although the questions got worse as my father open the back doors with a gun.

Now I know that this isn't going to be a meet and greet.

I could see Lacy's angry glare directed at June. Danny looked nervous, his eyes darted between Lacy and my father. Obviously he wasn't the leader of this group. I suspected Lacy had offered him money to tag along. Sure, Danny hated me, but he wouldn't put this much effort into getting back at me, right?

Of course all of this was a sort of second sense. I had locked eyes with my father. His cruel eyes drank in my appearance. June made an odd, strangled sound at the back of her throat

I really couldn't blame her. Both Lacy and my father terrified her, and the gun wasn't helping.

Lacy was the first to speak. "You," she spat. "You killed her!" June flinched. Her voice trembled as she spoke. "No I didn't. Ivy was my friend, I had no reason to harm her-"

"Lies!" She screeched, anger was clearly evident, but hurt and sorrow were underlying her fiery temper. "You were jealous! Ivy pitied you enough to stay your friend and this is how you repay her?! You stupid girl!"

June didn't answer. Although Lacy wasn't close to her, the words still stung. She opened her mouth to say more, but my father's rough voice spoke over hers. "Violet," he growled. "How've you been, sweetheart?" The nickname was mocking.

"What do you want you old geezer?" I snapped. Fire flashed in his eyes and his grip around the guns handle tightened. I knew it was an extremely bad idea to insult him, what with the loaded gun he possessed, but I couldn't help it. He pissed me off. Sorry.

"You worthless little piece of trash! You ruined my life. Now it's time for you to pay up," I start to get nervous at his words. At first I thought he was just here to rough us up a bit, scare us but let us go, now I'm not so sure.

My fears are confirmed when Danny steps forth, holding a rope and a roll of duct tape. His eyes are nervous. "Don't do this. You kill us, and you lose all your athletic scholarships." I try to reason.

Danny flashed me one of his dangerous smirks that would drive any girl crazy- except me. "Nobody will know if you're dead,"

My eyes must've showed how terrified I was, because he gave a cruel laugh and walks towards us, taking slow, deliberate steps, adding to the growing panic. June and I both know that he can outrun us, easy. But that simple fact doesn't stop us from trying.