4

**** Becca turned to find both strangers facing off. The suited man seemed to be chewing his brother out.

"I don't get it. He was just telling me you were in good hands. Now he's yelling at the guy."

Rayne swallowed, "Are they brothers?"

Becca nodded as she held her twin close, "Yeah."

Rayne took a deep breath, "We can't let that argument get any worse."

"Rayne, are you sure you're alright? We came home so we would be safe. Not to get you killed by a heart attack."

Rayne nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I... I want to know his name."

Becca smiled, "Me, too."

***

Ash glared at his brother, "Are you insane?"

Taec shrugged a shoulder, "Most likely. I wasn't an Alpha for nothing."

Ash groaned at the STRIKE Team's name. "Keep that to yourself." He warned.

Taec held the wrapped snake out, "Unless you think you can handle our friend here, why don't you check on those girls. That part of the job is way too bothersome for my liking."

Ash rolled his eyes, "Jinjihage!" He sighed in exasperation, "Public relations used to be part of your job!"
(Seriously!)

Taec grabbed his brother's tie and yanked him close. He was a good three inches taller than Ash, and used that to his advantage.

"Never... Remind... Me... Of... That!" He growled, "I'm not him anymore."

Rayne covered her mouth with both hands, and looked up at her sister. "My God. Becca, call dad. We have to put a stop to this."

Becca's eyes went wide. She grabbed her sister's shoulders with a loud gasp, "Oh, my God! I know where I've seen him before! That's Taecyeon Park aka Bong-in of Lipeo."

Rayne looked up at her in confusion, "Huh?"

Becca threw her hands up, "Lipeo! My favorite K-pop band. He was the band leader. I told you what happened to them last year, right?"

Rayne nodded, "Yeah. You went to the Memorial. Those poor people."

She watched as the argument intensified. "He must have been truly traumatized by that." Suddenly, Rayne knew what she had to do. "Taec needs to know that there are still people who care, and not because he's famous. He needs to feel normal."

Taec turned as Beau brought one of the ranch four wheelers up. "Well now, son. That was quite the show." He indicated the shirt, "I'll have some of the hands search the ranch for more."

Taec nodded, "I'll take him out to the drop off."

Beau shook his head, "Better yet, I'll take care of the snake. The girls are, uh asking for an introduction to ya both."

Taec looked over his shoulder to find the girls in question heading in their direction.

Rayne smiled up at him from her chair, "I wanted to thank you, for what you did."

Taec handed the snake over to Beau and turned his full attention on the young lady. "That's not necessary."

He glanced at Beau, "You need me for anything else?"

Beau nodded, "Yes. Rayne and Becca are my nieces. My brother Brett's their dad. They'll be staying here for the next few months. I want both you boys to stick close to them. They're here for their own safety, and I'd feel better if someone was looking out for them full time."

The brothers glanced at each other in confusion. "What happened to put them in danger?" Ash asked.

Beau shook his head, and turned to the girls as get related the situation. He turned to the young women, "Taec is one of the best hands I have. You can trust him. Ash is an old friend of Jack Mannings'."

Rayne nodded, "Thank you, Beau. I'm sure we can fill them in on verything tonight."

He grinned, "What's family for?"

The girls waved as they watched him take off with the snake in tow. Taec shook his head and turned to leave when Rayne grabbed his wrist, "Beau said that you're helping my cousin out as an auxiliary deputy."

He turned and looked down at her hand around his wrist. Then, met her gaze with his steadily. To his amazement, her grip tightened, as fear began to show within those baby blue eyes. "Please, hear me out."

Becca looked to Ash, "Mr. Park, please. My sister and I could really use your help."

Ash nodded, "I'll hear you out." He gave his brother a look that said it all. 'You will too.'

Taec rolled his eyes and nodded. "Follow me." Then proceeded to lead the way to his new office.

***

Ash leaned against his brother's desk as he listened to what the girls had to say. "Wait, you think you know who he is?"

Becca nodded, "Yes. Beau said that your specialty was shutting down human trafficking and child pornography rings."

Taec glanced at his brother in surprise, 'I thought Ash was retired from that life.'

Rayne leaned forward, "I'm a highschool teacher, and I was working late last week. After Becca came to pick me up, we overheard a man and woman in the Teacher's Lounge. She was threatening him, and not in a nice way. After that things started happening at our Apartments. Little things at first, but..."

Becca picked it up from there, "Day before last, we had just gotten to my place after a shopping trip..." She swallowed, "My door was... busted open, and all over the wall was..." She shuddered.

Ash leaned forward, "Take your time."

She finished the story, "Someone had written in blood... 'Shut up or your next.' The flies were everywhere."

Ash nodded for her to continue.

"My sister has health problems. So I decided that we needed to get out as soon as possible. Before we called Kyle, I took these pictures with my phone."

Ash accepted the photographs and flipped through them. After a long, tense moment, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

Becca couldn't help noticing that when he spoke it wasn't in English.

"This is Agent Park. I need a team to my current location.... No... Yes... Yes.. That's why I need a team. I have the proof right here in my hands, along with two witnesses... Good... No, the locals have already agreed to cooperate with our investigation... Good. Have them call me the second they land."

With that, he hung up. "My team is gearing up now. We won't take any chances."

Taec nodded. "Since that's settled." He stood. "I have work to do."