18

**** Rayne lay on Taec's couch looking up at the ceiling. Artemis slept on the floor beside her.

"I've noticed that he seems happier, but there's still..."

Rolling over she picked up her phone and texted her sister. "Becca, I'm starved. Feel like pizza? There's something I want to run past you."

It wasn't long before her twin answered back, 'On my way. I'm buying.'

***

Sasin moved through the business building baoding balls spinning in one hand. He knelt down to study the blood trail.

"So, you think you can hide from the Reaper."

He stood and tapped his comm. "Seems the prey ran down his bunny hole."

Oracle's voice came back in answer, "Hey, mutt face. Just stop playing with the target and get it over with. I'm starving. I need nourishment."

Sasin scoffed, "Yeah, yeah. Don't worry. Why is it, Yeou wants this guy alive anyway. This bastard's file said he's a repeat pedophile."

"Yeou has information that proves he's one of the ring leaders. So the Fox has some questions for him. If he doesn't want another visit from the Reaper, he'll answer them."

Sasin sighed, "After this case, I hope you never come to me for this stuff again. I retired for a reason. Hold up... I found the rabbit hole."

Sasin tapped the comm and slowly opened the cracked door. The long creeeek cut the air like a knife. When he stepped through, Sasin was expecting to find the target cowering in a corner. Maybe even frantically trying to destroy all evidence. Instead, a bullet grazed his right shoulder.

Sasin stood there for a moment and looked at the wound. When he looked back to Jameson, the man's hands started shaking so bad he couldn't keep a hold of the pistol.

Sasin's gun hand moved like lightning. He had his own sidearm drawn in the blink of an eye and pulled the trigger. Jameson screamed in pure agony as his leg gave out from under him.

Sasin slowly walked towards him, letting the sound of the baoding balls fill the silence. He crouched down to face Jeffrey Jameson.

Saying nothing, Sasin simply pointed to the child pornography on the wall.

"Th... that's not mine."

Sasin just clicked his tongue in fiegnd disappointment.

***

Kyle leaned over the table, face to face with Jameson. "I'm not the one to talk to about a deal."

He looked at the sheet before him, "Mr. Jameson, you have quite a few alias'. Boy, do I have a nice list of offenses. Starting from the least on up. Using false identification, tax fraud, child endangerment, child pornography, attempted assault, assault on a Interpol Agent, pedophilia..." Kyle leaned forward, "and my personal favorite, rape and murder."

He pushed all the pictures of the deceased kids forward. "They confirmed your DNA. So don't try to lie your way out of it. You're lucky to be alive as it is. The rumor is, Sasin always finish's the job."