10

**** Gabriel crossed his massive arms as he studied the burners.

"I was given one of these once. I never saw the man's face, he always hid it. Cap, glasses, he even kept to the shadows." The former Agent sniffed, "The one time I did see him face to face, he pulled his turtle neck up, to cover his mouth. Even I have to admit that he's impressive."

Taec watched as the other men studied the phones as if they were a pair of snakes about to bite them.

"I've only ever heard whispers about Yeou," he put in, "but they say he never takes a case he can't solve."

Becca looked up at Taec, "What does that mean? Yeou."

Taec answered, "It's a Korean word. Means Fox. Think of him as our Zorro."

Gabriel nodded, "That's true, Taec. What I want to know is, how did he know about these murders? It's hard to get in contact with him. Even the email engine he uses is of his own design."

Ash stood then, "Interpol has worked with him in the past as well. In fact, Yeou pulled me out of a tight spot once. Without his interference, I would have died that day."

Beau narrowed his eyes, "Wait, you sent for him?"

Ash nodded, "Once he found me, he stayed behind me the whole time, but..." He licked his lips, "Yeou said it had to be worth his time and effort. So, it had to be cases I couldn't solve without his help."

Becca shivered, "Sounds kinda creepy. Almost, like a horror spy film."

No one in the room was laughing. Rayne moved a little closer to Taec, "Can we trust him, or not?"

Gabriel nodded, "We could use his help on this one."

Kyle agreed, "We would be idiots to turn him away when he's offering his help. Seems to me that this Yeou fella could be a great ally."

The room was full of murmured agreements. The decision to accept the assistance was unanimous.

***

Rayne and Becca were alone one day on Apple Tree Hill with a picnic lunch.  They loved being there among the resting place of their ancestors, relatives, and friends. The fragrance of the apple blossoms wafted through the air as it had on Beau and Drina's wedding day.

"I've decided to help find Anna's killer." Rayne said, "I think her death is haunting Taec. He told me he sees her face in his dreams, and that little things reminded him of her. The guys blame each other, did you know that?"

Becca nodded, "Yeah, Ash has mentioned that to me as well. It's tearing them up, too. But, you can't be involved in this. Not with your heart trouble, that could be way too stressful, and if you were harmed in any way, it would cause even more of a rift between them."

Rayne crossed her arms and glared at her sister, "You have any better ideas?"

Becca grinned, "Yep. You're just as good a hacker as me. To be honest, you're better."

"So..."

Becca's smile became almost evil, "I was only able to get into some of the files. Think you could get the rest for me? We could work together on it."

Rayne beamed, "Does a calf drink milk?"

***

The child ran down the road in her bare feet. The cuts had long since stopped burning, and gone numb. She stumbled and looked at her still bound hands. The skin was turning purple, and blood stained the white rope.