One Month

Afua,

One month. Wow, where do I begin? You have completely and utterly turned my life upside down, but in the best way possible, if that makes sense? In the span of 31 days you have managed to make me feel like I've known you for a lifetime and I think that that's a pretty special thing; I think you're a pretty special girl. We've reached this level of comfort not even some married couples I know are at, and that in itself comforts me. I often think back to our very first date. You had me laughing from the start, even if it was from nerves. I haven't stopped since, which I enjoy, but my sides sometimes want a break (I'm kidding, please don't ever stop). The fact that we met on Tinder still makes me laugh. What a story that is to tell, the look on people's faces are priceless every time. Nothing about us is normal, but then again, I didn't ask for normal. I asked for early morning breakfast dates instead of dinner and walks to a fountain instead of a football game and instead of complaining or looking at me weird, you took my hand and made the abnormal seem normal; something I greatly appreciate. You say you're bad with words and that you don't always know how to say something in a way that makes sense, but I've never struggled to understand you. You pick me up on my bad days, and lift me higher when I'm already high, a talent not many people have. You tolerate my constant teasing and talk about Clementine or how much I love my people. You're patient with me when I am unable to talk in the midst of everything that I am feeling. You listen and you hold me and you buy me food. You do this thing when we hold hands where you rub your thumb in little circles. There's something about it that makes me feel so safe and secure?? And when you remembered my WGST professor's pronouns? That touched my heart. It was so obscurer, but you remembered. You remember a lot for someone so old. Thank you for that. Thank you for being so good to me. Thank you for not yelling and not walking away when you could have so many times before. Thank you for meeting my parents unplanned and not freaking out. Thank you for holding my hand even when it gets a little sweaty and gross. Thank you for kissing me on our first date. Thank you for trying to understand and letting me love you because I know it's hard. I know I'm a lot. I know I'm difficult and stubborn and clingy and kind of the worst sometimes (always), but I promise I will love you with every ounce of my being. I will give you my everything because you mean everything to me, Afua. Our society has made love a scary thing, but falling in love with you is a little less scary when you hold my hand. So, I promise to hold your hand in return. I promise I'm not going anywhere, but take your time falling dear because forever is a long time and that's how long I intend to be falling with you.

Happy one month, Afua.

Forever your's,

Olivia