"Dog!"..."Satan Slut"

"See you two when you get home." Jake pulls up at the student drop off. Dad no longer trusts me to get the car back to the house if I take it to school. Thanks Dad for punishing me into the depths of social suicide. I honestly could care less but I know Colt is really trying to make friends.

"Yeah, yeah." Colton and I say in sync. We both shut the doors and proceed to stock inside the building. I let out a loud sigh as Colt and I go our separate ways. I walk along the hall trying to find my locker because I left my sketchbook in it from the other day. Finally finding the right locker number I open it up and grab the books that are needed for my morning classes. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish the school day. The sooner I get my stupid human classes done with, the sooner I don't have to be in this foul-smelling place.

I turn my head to the side and sniff the air, I spoke too soon as the smell of bitch blow my way as she walked around a corner into this hallway. I was about to turn on my heels and head to class when she yelled out. "Hey new girl," I take a deep breath as she stopped in front of me. "Or should I call you a murderous dog?" She had this stupid smirk on her face that took everything I had not to slap it off her botox lips. I could feel the burning of anger slowly boil inside. Her overconfident scent made me gag. 

"What do you want, Satan Slut?" Historically I wasn't wrong as Succubus are said that they were created for Satan's pleasure. Yes, an insult never the less but it's facts.

"You bitch, don't talk to Britteny like that." The werewolf yelled as a crowd started to gather around us expecting a "cat" fight. The crowd was a mixture of humans and creatures alike, all wanting to see what will go down.

"Stay out of this mutt." I snapped back at her with a low growl. My blooding fist is the only thing grounding me from lashing out in front of everyone.

"Look here, dog. I told you to watch it but then we hear that you went off on a little 'run' with someone so high up that he is out of your rank." She stared straight into my eyes challenging me. At that moment I knew he was watching. "If you go near what's mine, I will end you and turn you and your little park into the council. Blue-eyed murder." 

"Morning Britteny, Sirena, and Jennifer." Luca suddenly appeared at my side, his face serious and his hand glided gently on the small of my back trying to calm me down. It was definitely working as I'm able to release my tightly balled fists.

Britteny's face changed from witch to innocent little girl.  "The new girl is harassing me and my girls. She called Jennifer a mutt." She batted her eyelashes and pouted her lip out. Her whole tone and scent changed.

I started laughing at how ridiculous she looks. Do guys really fall for that shit? After I stop my little fit, I look around and everyone in the crowd looked at me like I grow a second head. "What? You can't think that's not funny, all of you just witnessed her calling me a fucking dog. Who does that?" I play into the fact that humans have been watching.

Luca tenses up at the word "dog". All three of their faces dropped, they saw the game I was playing. Sirena's eyes locked on Luca's arm and nudged Britteny. Britteny's eyes travelled down but I move to where Luca's hand was no longer touching me before she could see.

A low growl, too low for the human students to hear,  came from Luca as I stepped away. 

"I'm done with this shit." And with that, I turn and walk away to my first class. I am so done with this school already. The crowd parted allowing me to pass.

I make it through lunch and two more classes without running into the Hellhounds or Luca. One class left, gym. Walking into the changing rooms, I change into black spandex volleyball shorts and a matching sports bra with a dark grey lose tank top.  

"What happened to your leg?" I turn a tall skinny girl and raised my eyebrow

"What happened to your leg?" I turn a tall skinny girl and raised my eyebrow. "The scar on your thigh?" I look down completely forgetting it was there. I guess these shorts are high enough to give you a full picture of the bit mark.

"Oh, it's nothing," I say as I walk out the changing room to the outside field. It was hot out and shirt stick to my body from the humidity. Looking around the field, a group of guys, half of them shirtless, standing in a group talking to the coach. I was the first girl out here, nice.

I joined the group of guys and as the rest of the girl came out on the field the coach yelled for us to do ten laps around the field, most of the guys groaned.

"Fine twenty laps." The coach yelled as more winning chorused. "Fifty laps," And with a blow of the whistle, we all started running. If we don't run then we had to do ten extra laps.

Around lap twenty I gave in to the heat as I shed my tanktop exposing a few long clawlike scars along my toned stomach and my pack tattoo on my ribs that matches Jakes but it's on his inner upper arm. When Colt is sixteen he will also get the same one. It means loyalty to our pack and only our pack. (sidebar pic)

I got a few sexual looks from some of the guys but I was more focused on hitting a hundred laps since I already hit fifty. See the thing is that I'm not using my "speed" to be the first one done with fifty laps, everyone ran out of energy a while ago and are struggling to finish. I only broke a sweat because I'm constantly trying to hold myself back to stay at a human pace. It's a lot more work trying to suppress my wolf strength and speed than running full steam.

"You should put your shirt back on." I look to my left to see a very shirtless Luca, hypocrite. "I don't like all the guys staring at you like your fresh meat." He growls lowly. 

"Isn't that a little hypocritical considering all the girl are studying your 'oh so perfect abs'? Besides it's like a million degrees out here and I have already ran 73 laps. I'm not putting it back on." I argue back.

"No talking or all make sure you two will be out here until dark!" The coach yelled from the sidelines of the field. 

"Why are you arguing with me?" He uses an Alpha tone on me but it doesn't work, not like the last time.

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm pissed that you left without a word yesterday leaving me in pain that you caused. And not to mention sticking our snout into the Hellhounds and I's business." 

"That's it. Luca, Katatonia, your running for an extra hour after school!" Coach shouted at us. I pick my pace up so I was ahead of Luca. Stupid mate getting me in trouble. Pissing me off, who does he think he is?

After having to spend an extra hour after school because of Luca, I was finally able to get home and start cook for this stupid meeting. Anger once again fuels me. As I walk through the front door muttering to myself how the whole thing is pointless, someone ploughs into me. A smile grows across my face as I see a flash of strawberry hair and hug back, breathing in the scent.

"I missed you so much, Kat!" She squealed, squeezing me tight. 

"I missed you to Alli but I bet Jake missed you the most." We detached from each other and Jake pulled her to his side, lightly kissing the top of her head. "I thought you were not coming in for a few more days?" 

"Well, when I heard our Bata and Delta were coming sooner I wanted to come too." She smiled widely at me, "Shall we get cooking?". This makes everything better, having my best friend will make this place a bit more tolerable.