The Two Brawlers

So... basically I just wanted an excuse to write these two together but couldn't think of a one-shot, so I made it into a kind-of story? I mean, it'll probably only go until the season 2 finale so it won't be that long... Anyway, the idea here is that in my headcanon, the 1B exams took place a day after 1A's in canon, but in this Midnight protested and asked to have them on the same day. Hope you guys enjoy... And sorry for the bad Paint art. I can't draw to save my life...

-----------------------------------------ZANKOKU NA, UNMEI GA----------------------

"So, any questions?" Principal Nezu asked as he finished explaining what would be taking place in practical part of the End of Term exams to the teachers.

It was the final week of June and the short break was approaching the students, much to their happiness. It wouldn't be that easy, though. They had one last test, UA's own End of Term exam. Normally, after their written test, they would be facing the robots they faced in the Entrance exam in the practical, however the Principal felt that, for their own good, it needed to change. This time, they would be facing various members of UA's staff in order to give them a more deep understanding of what they'll be experiencing on the world of Pro Heroes.

"None then! Alright-"

"Actually, Principal..." Midnight interrupted. Patient as ever, he turned with a smile to face the +18 hero. "I feel as if leaving 1B's exam for the next day might be a little too unfair. Doing so with other years is fine since they ARE from another age group in general but with first years? I don't know..."

"I understand where you're coming from, Midnight." Nezu acknowledged. "However, we can't do both at the same day considering that not only we need time to properly analyze each class's performance, we'll need to rest as well."

"Maybe we could use this to our advantage, sir?" Snipe suggested. Every hero on the room looked towards him. "The purpose of the exams other than giving them a taste of experience in the professional path is to pit them with people they would normally not work with, or don't seem to have much chemistry." They widened their eyes as the idea came to their minds.

"Then we could..." Ectoplasm started.

"Perhaps merge the two classes together for this one exam?" Snipe concluded.

"That would be amazing!" Present Mic boomed. "Especially since most of them aren't that chummy with each other."

"Whatever..." Eraserhead said. "I won't be choosing the pairs, though. That was your idea in the first place, Snipe." He continued as he laid his head on his arms.

"Actually, since they will be so out of their own element I think I'll let them choose their partners, as long as they are from the other class." Nezu declared. Midnight already had something to say about it.

"But some students from A and B are already familiar with each other sir. Both Kirishima-kun and Tetsutetsu-kun know each other pretty well and are on friendly terms. Not to mention they took the same workplace together. I would assume both Yaoyorozu-san and Kendo-san are on the same boat."

"Just prohibit them from forming said pairs, then." He answered simply.

"Um... Okay."

Rising from his chair, Nezu looked to each of their eyes with his smile never leaving his face. "This year will be really exciting, huh?" He asked rhetorically. "Is this going to be all?" They nodded, agreeing to said terms. "Just one last thing before you go to your designated classrooms: They won't be on the same class. You must make this clear to them. They will only be meeting each other on Lunch and outside of the classroom, per usual. Clear? Great, now off you all!" He finished, making them rise from their chair and go to the hall.