Light Shadow

Sooooo... Five months later... Yeaaaah. I got a really nasty writer's block to be honest, though I'm really satisfied with the end result. I decided on doing everyone's tests, though they won't be as detailed as the last ones have been. In counterpart I hope the chapters don't take as long to come out.

But OOOH MY GOD 650 freaking reads, like wow... I'm so hype for this! Thanks a lot everyone! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as you did the others.

------------------------L I N E B R E AK-------------------------------

As soon as the announcer voiced the beginning of the exam, several clouds of smoke started rising up from the ground, quickly forming into what they recognized was their odd looking sensei. Around twenty clones or so, if Reiko counted right.

Noticing the Ectoplasm clones preparing to rush them down, Tokoyami didn't waste any time summoning his own quirk. "Dark Shadow!" He yelled as the living shadow appeared out of his torso.

"Yeepie ki yay, jackass!" The entity roared, slamming a clone with his shoulder, immediately destroying and going to the next.

"None behind us, Tokoyami." The ghost girl said after checking. "Let's advance." And advance they did. With Dark Shadow not holding back and destroying clones left and right nonstop, they were able to easily force their way without tiring both members at the same time. Eventually they came across various different corridors and doors, the middle one the one where the clones were now spawning from. Fumikage grunted as he made Dark Shadow do one last strong push to give them space, calling back the being for regrouping purposes.

"Which way, now?" Tokoyami asked when his quirk joined them. Reiko looked carefully then gave her two cents.

"The middle is where they are coming from, so I bet that's where sensei, and by extension the exit are." The girl noted. "We could keep charging and maybe conclude the exam sooner, or we could take a detour and let Dark Shadow and yourself recover a little, which could be essential to decide our final clash." She suggested. "I think less conflict would be better for our chances to run away, considering we both strain ourselves when we do that. Otherwise, it's your call."

The bird headed teen nodded, breathing a little harder as he weighted his options. Even while in deep thought, however, the boy didn't take his eyes off the clones, which were now recovering from the impact. "Let's go the other way." He decided. "The closer we are to full strength, the better."

"Agreed. Which way should we go, though?" Reiko questioned.

"Right is always right, I say!" Dark Shadow butted in. Nodding to the living quirk, they took the first corridor right just as Ectoplasm's minions managed to stand again. They gazed each other before giving chase to the two students.

The duo kept running down the hallways, soon enough starting to hear echoes of steps thanks to the corridor's closed area. Upping their pace, they decided to turn every corridor they came unto to try and lose the small army of clones. Once they judged they were safe, they entered a small room and closed the door, Reiko quickly turning the lights on.

Breathing out, the girl decided she was not one for physical activity. She didn't know how she went past part one of the Sports Festival at all. "So, let's start planning."

Tokoyami hummed as Dark Shadow went back to his body. "I would guess the exit room would look the same as the one we started on, artificial lights and everything. Destroying maybe a third of them should give us enough darkness." He theorized, thinking back to the first room.

Seeing what he meant, the girl nodded in agreement. "The hallways themselves seem dark enough to up our power a little. Should we rush from here?" Reiko questioned, pressing her ears to the door to try to hear any possible threats.