First Rounds

Hey guys! Back from vacation with a new chapter, namely the first two matches of the exams. Since there wasn't much voting I decided to extend the time for you guys to decide whether you want all the matches or just some certain ones (which you can suggest by the way). So far leaning into only going through details with some of them. But enough of my ramblings! Enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------LINE BREAK----------------------------------

After the initial shock had passed, some of the students moved to a separate room with a big monitor that one could only assume would broadcast the physical exam to them. However, the shock may have passed, put that gave to another emotion that two certain examinees were holding back: despair.

"We're SO done for!" Itsuka exclaimed as she entered the room, her partner in tow. She groaned with her hands on her face. "Oh my gosh, this is so stupid. Why All Might of all people?!"

Izuku knew why. He knew very well. The Pro Hero wanted to see how much he could handle himself in a fight as the ninth user of One for All. How he used his knowledge. And most of all, the thing that could either guarantee or deny his place as future number one hero and Symbol of Peace.

His desire to win.

At any rate, he knew very well why he was facing his idol of all people. But the reasons, as far as he was concerned, had to be disclosed and couldn't be discussed with either the students or some of the teachers, and as such he could only give a half truth.

"I-I think I know why, Kendo-san..." He stammered to her and she looked at him. "M-my quirk. Despite my new control with it I can still get out of control in a pinch, maybe. They probably don't want to risk it and sent All Might." Saying this, he looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry you have to go through this because of me."

Itsuka looked at him with a soft smile as she sighed. "We had no idea they would do something like this. And even if I knew, I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything." She assured as she took his hand. "Our scores are good enough to get past this exam even if we fail. Winning would be better, but what's important is giving our all I guess. Still..." The girl visibly shivered. "It's... scary. We're about to face the world's greatest hero, who even the worst villains can't even scratch. Even with the weights, what chance do we have?"

Midoriya felt his heart squeeze as he looked at his friend. There was no way to measure how guilty he was feeling right now. In a way, anyone he was paired with would suffer the same fate, but seeing her so... unmotivated... hurt him. But what can he do? She's right about one thing: what chance did they have? There weren't many who could stand up to All Might, Izuku knew the man's power better than... most... "That's it!" He suddenly shouted, making everyone, including the glum Itsuka, jump. The green haired boy turned to his partner.

"Kendo-san, y-you saw my room yesterday." He told her quietly with an embarrassed blush, not wanting people to get wind of this detail and get the wrong ideas. She nodded, not knowing where this was going. "I probably know more about All Might than anyone in the school! I could use this t-to make a plan." Goddamn it, this isn't the time to stutter. Yes, he was shaking in his boots inside, but...

"People can't know their Symbol of Peace was stained by such an emotion... That's why I smile, to hide my fear and instigate confidence to the masses."

It all happened in a second. After his little flashback, a huge surge of confidence washed over him and despite all his fear, he smiled. A shaky, wobbly smile but one that shocked and lifted up everyone's moods in a second. They knew how fidgety the boy was. He had something big planned for him to have such an expression. "We were lucky enough to be the last ones to go. Leave it to me, Kendo-san. I'll think something up, and we'll definitely win this!" He declared. Itsuka looked at him, wondering what happened in his own mind to cause such a change, but all of a sudden she wasn't that scared anymore. She knew what he was capable of thinking, and if there was anyone who could think an anti-All Might strategy in this room, it was him.