Chapter 12

[Megan's POV]

I woke up, the sky still dark. I sat up in my hammock looking around the camp ground, everybody was sleeping. 10k was leaning up against a tree, Jake and Clair close by the fire, and Sam opposite of them. Dean...? I gripped my knife and started walking towards the road, I relaxed when I found him sitting on the hood of the impala with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Can't sleep?" He asked me- how'd he know I was here?

"Not lately no, you?" I asked in return sitting next to him on the car.

He turned his head and glared at me for what seemed like a really long time.

Those eyes dug into my head and I actually thought they were starting to mess with my emotions

"Suns coming up, should get a little more sleep before we head out," he finally answered, turning his head away.

I left him be, but I definitely didn't go back to sleep. He was right about leaving in a hurry though next thing I know we're back on the road and nearing the college. We'd split into two teams, Jake, Clair, and Sam then Dean, 10k and I. The college was two stories but fairly big so we'd take top floor and they get bottom floor.

"If anything comes up use your walki," 10k said before we split up.

"Alright let's move fast," Dean said.

We headed up the stair case quickly and started fanning over the rooms. It was definitely a medical college but medical supplies was something we weren't finding. After looking over the campus map we found a nurse station that had a few good valuables left but other than that it was almost a bust. Either somebody beat us to it or there was none to begin with.

"Hey 10k!" Jake yelled over the walki.

"What's up?" He answered them.

"We think we found something but there's a bookcase in the way, could you come lend a hand?" He asked.

"I'll be right there," he said.

He handed Dean the walki and told us to keep looking. He didn't look comfortable leaving me with Dean alone but Dean promised to look after me.

"Let's keep looking," Dean told me.

"We both know there's nothing here," I sighed.

"Let's look anyways," he replied.

I followed him into the next room and we started going through the cabinets. I jumped at the loud sound of something in the distance- downstairs?

"What was that?" Dean asked into the walki.

"We've been compromised! Get Megan out of here and meet at-" the line went static.

We discovered the loud noise was actually a gun shot and there was even more of them echoing up the stair case.

"We're not gonna leave them are we?!" I looked at Dean.

"Come on I think there's a fire escape on the roof," he said grabbing my hand.

Before I could argue the door burst open and two guys came in. Dean flung himself at one of the two guys who came thundering in. They wrestled on the ground and the second guy was about to get involved but I aimed an arrow at him and clipped his shoulder. He squeezed his gun trigger by accident and one the stray bullets barely missed my arm forcing me to drop my bow.

His attention was on me now as I reached for a knife out of my boot and threw it as hard as I could into his chest. I breathed before jumping back to Dean and the man on the floor. The man was dead and Dean was standing facing me. His grey t-shirt turning red under his hand. One of the stray bullets...

"Dean!" I yelled as he started to slide down the wall leaving a trail of blood on the white paint.

He coughed as blood trickled down his lip. I ran towards him stripping off my flannel.

"Move your hands," I told him.

He groaned in pain as I moved his hands and lifted his shirt. He was hit in the lower abdomen, and was bleeding... a lot.

"Okay- I don't it hit anything important, and it went all the way through," I told him, but mostly told myself to keep me calm.

"We can't s-stay here," he moaned.

"Your not moving," I ordered him.

I pressed my flannel onto the wound and I watched Dean close his eyes and clench his teeth. His hands grasped mine as I added pressure to the wound.

"Press down okay?" I told him.

He nodded his head and I dove for my bag, dumping its contents onto the floor until I found my first aid kit. I barricaded the door and stabbed the two men in the head so they wouldn't be coming back. I ran back to Dean with the first aid kit.

"This is gonna hurt," I said as I helped him slowly lay on his side.

He yelped as the wound stretched and pulled but I quickly got to mending it before anymore of those guys showed up. Gun shots were still heard just more off in the distance. My stitching skills were a lot better then I thought they'd be, in fact, a lot of it was coming back to me as I went.

"Okay this should hold for now but you need serious help," I said.

Deans eyes were closed...

"Hey!" I yelled shaking his shoulders.

His eyes opened suddenly and started to get up.

"Be careful!" I warned him.

"We can still make it... to the fire escape," he whispered.

I draped his arm around my neck and helped us get to the escape and slowly make our way down. It was hard but we finally reached the bottom and I got Dean into the back seat of the impala and dug the keys from his pocket.

"Stay with me ok?" I whispered.

As soon as I shut the door a hand roughly grabbed my arm spinning me around.

Yay! Another chapter up and ready. I wanna give a huge thanks to inkedpenning  
For the two beautiful book covers for this series and that I'm gonna try and post more chapters soon :) thank you for reading!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)