[1] Dashing with Death

Fandral's last breath was strained as he saw the shadow of Hela descend upon the Bifrost Bridge, angled to towards the city. The remnants of the bifrost's power shimmered around her obsidian crown and something in her walk told him that she was closer to kin than stranger. He took it the sight of her, her black and green clad frame with her dark hair fanning out over her pale shoulders. She looked like death.
He blinked again, and if he didn't know better, he would have mistaken her for Loki. The emerald and coal was too familiar. Before he could ponder Loki's betrayals, he felt a sharp sting near the vicinity of his heart. It wasn't the memories that had taken him. He looked down and saw that another phantom blade had been conjured from Hela's hand and it lay to rest in the depths of his chest.

His thoughts, at last returned to his comrades. He thought of Volstagg, he lay nearby with two small blades buried in his chest, the light already dimmed from his aura. He thought of Hogun, whom he hadn't seen since morning. Hela would surely face him, and he would not bend the knee even when faced with Death herself. Sif -he missed her banter and their parries in training. Her heart was always big enough for whoever came seeking her counsel. And finally, his wisp of a thought, a memory maybe, fell on Thor. His greatest friend. His confidant. His brother. A tear slid along the curve of his temple as his last breath cursed the name of Loki Laufeyson. Surely this was his doing. He had brought Death upon them all.