Chapter 2: Silver Bullets

-Emily's POV-

I keep looking out of my window, waiting for the brothers to arrive and to know what's going on with them and my mom. Sighing, I look up from my homework to glance out the window again. Still nothing. I check my phone for the time, 5:06. I know they're not going to come right at five, but I'm still anxious.

Deciding to keep procrastinating on my homework, I open my phone to text Aida. I told her I would tell her everything that happens when they come over to talk to my mom. All of a sudden, I hear a car engine, and I look out of my window. I see their beautiful, black, vintage Chevy Impala, and hop out of my bed to go spy on them and my mom.

I open the door of my room and tiptoe to the top of stairs, and I sit at the top, hiding behind the banister. I hear a knock on the door, and I see my tired looking mom get up to answer it. She walks over to the door nervously and holds her breath as she opens the door.

"Dean," she says.

"Hey Caitlin, long time," Dean replies.

"Come in," my mom says shakily and opens the door for the mysterious brothers to come in.

"Umm, this is my brother-"

"Sam," my mom says cutting Dean off. The brothers walk into the living room, cautiously, and look around. Dean's eyes settle on a family picture with me, my mom, Ron, and Katrina. It's a picture of us last summer in some field with Ron wrapping his arms around my mom and me crouching to put my arms around Katrina.

In that picture, we look happy, and we were that day. It was one of the few days that we actually got along. That day Ron seemed to actually give a shit about me, and my mom didn't seem so tired. In that picture my mom looks young, most people would have thought we were sisters and that Ron was our dad.

"You have kids?" Dean asks.

"The youngest one is Katrina. I had her with my husband, Ron, and you know Emily," my mom says, looking at the picture. 

"Oh," he simply says. "She looks a lot like you Cait," Dean says, and I swear I see a smile on my mom's face, even if it's just for a second.

"Why are you here?" my mom asks. "It's obviously not to make small talk about my family, or that you were just passing through. I thought you were too busy saving people and hunting. You know, your family business and all," my mom says starting to get angry.

"Caitlin, you know what we do is dangerous, and I can't visit everyone I save."

"So why are you here? Is it about the recent deaths?" my mom asks nervously. Why would Dean be here about two animal attacks? Is he like some forest ranger, hunter guy?

"It is," Dean says, and my mom sits down and sighs heavily.

"Do you think that thing is back to finish its job?"

"Well we killed it, so no, but maybe something else is back to finish the job."

"Am I in danger? Is Emily in danger?" my mom asks, worried. Why would I be in danger?

"Emily isn't in danger, but you are. And anyone in your class that still lives in the town is in danger. I'm going to need a list of all those people," Dean explains.

"Okay," my mom says nodding her head and holding back tears. She gets up to get a pen and paper. My mom starts writing down people's names as I try to figure out what's going on. "Okay that's it," she says as she finishes the list and hands it to Dean. "Silver, right?" my mom asks, "to kill the werewolf." Werewolf? They can't be serious?