Chapter 6: Riley Simone

-Emily's POV-

The past two weeks for me has been nothing but training, and I'm starting to get bored with it. Every day I learn some new lore, practice drawing sigils, and learn some hacking with Sam. Then with Dean, it's fighting.

On the rare occasion that I actually have free time, I usually spend it listening to old vinyl records I've found around the bunker, or I drive, but I have to go with Sam or Dean. The only time I had some time off from training was when Sam and Dean went on a hunt, but it only took them two days, and then I was back to training.

I try to talk to Aida every day. I'll tell her about my training and she tells me about school or any new drama. We're trying to keep things normal when they're anything but normal. I also talk to my mom every other day. We usually don't have much to talk about, it's mainly for her to know I'm still alive and well.

Although, the past couple of calls my mom's been saying she wants me to go back to school, and for once I honestly want to go to school. It gets boring at the bunker, and it would be nice to be able to leave the bunker, unsupervised. But I know Dean would never allow it.

I sigh and get out of bed for the day, so I can start my training for the day. I shut off the music that I fell asleep listening to last night. Over the past two weeks, I've grown really fond of jazz music. I put on leggings and a sweatshirt and throw my hair up, knowing I'm going to be working on fighting today. I head out to the kitchen and hear Dean talking on the phone.

"Yes, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it's smart," he says to the person on the phone as I enter the kitchen to get some food. Dean sighs into the phone. "Okay, I'll think about it." I sit down at the table he's at and he gives me a small smile. "Okay, goodbye, Caitlin."

At the sound of my mom's name, I look up at Dean as he hangs up. "You were talking to my mom?" I ask.

He nods. "We agreed to talk every week. She wants you to go to school."

"I know, " I say and he looks up at me.

"You know?" he asks.

Nodding I say, "Yeah, I talk to my mom every other day and she's been bugging me about school."

"And you never thought to tell me?"

"I knew you wouldn't let me."

"Well, I don't want you to, it's not safe." He sighs before asking, "But what do you want?"

Now, this shocks me. For the past two weeks, he hasn't given me much of an opinion, other than what kind of training I wanted to do that day. "No offense, but it's kind of boring here. And part of me wants to go to school, so I have something to do, and maybe I'll even make some friends. Also, it'll make my mom happy."

Dean nods at this. "I'll think about it."

"Well aren't you full of surprises this morning," I mumble under my breath as I walk away to put my plate away. First, him asking my opinion, and now he's considering me leaving the bunker unsupervised. Weird

I walk back to where Dean is and sit back down. "So what are we doing today?" I ask.

"Knife fighting?" he asks, and I nod with a small grin.

---

Two hours later, I'm standing in the training room with sweat dripping from my forehead. I wipe the sweat from my brow bone and pick up my fake, practice knife off from the ground and look at Jack. While the boys have been working with me, they've also been working with Jack and they've been having the two of us scrimmage.