Chapter 14: Polaroids

-Emily's POV-

Two days after the siren hunt, I sit on Aida's bed telling her the story about the siren. I leave out the part about Ailith and tell her that I saw her. "It was weird," I tell her as she listens. "There was a part of me that knew it wasn't you, but another part of me that was just happy that you were there."

She puts her hand on my knee and gives me a soft smile. "Well, I'm here now."

I smile back at her before dropping the smile and softly saying. "I almost killed Sam and Dean."

Aida pulls me into a hug. "It's alright. You were under a spell, but you're fine now." When I pull back, she wipes away a tear that I hadn't realized fell. "No crying tonight," she whispers and kisses me. I kiss back and my mind goes to Ailith, and I pull away and Aida gives me a look, silently asking if I'm okay.

"I'm sorry. I just, I just can't tonight," I say struggling to find an explanation.

She looks slightly disappointed, but she shakes it off and gives me another soft smile and says, "That's okay."

"I'm sorry," I say again, and she shakes her head.

"It's okay. You don't need to apologize."

"Thank you," I say softly.

Laying down, Aida says. "It's getting pretty late anyways. We should get some sleep." I nod and lay down and let her wrap me in her arms and drift off into a calm sleep.

When I wake up, the spot next to me is empty, and I look around the room and see Aida standing in front of her closet. Quietly, I get up and walk over to her and wrap my arms around her from behind and sigh as I rest my head on her shoulder.

"Morning sleepyhead," she says and turns around and pecks me on the lips. 

"Morning," I say as I look into her closet and pull out a shirt to wear.

"I'm not going to have any clothes left if you keep stealing mine," she grumbles as she picks up the sweater I wore yesterday off from the ground and puts it on, and I put on her shirt.

Playfully, I stick my tongue. "Don't worry. I'll give them back eventually. Besides, half of your clothes are mine anyway." Aida just smiles at me and shakes her head. "I should get going," I say, and she gives me a sad smile.

"I wish you could stay, or I could come with you," she says.

Softly, I grab her hand and give it a little squeeze. "Me too, but you know how Sam and Dean are about that."

Aida nods. "Could you maybe ask? I want to properly meet them, and Cas and Jack, and your friends. I even want to meet Ailith."

Why would she want to meet Ailith? I give her a small smile. "I'll see what I can do."

Aida smiles a little bit more and softly kisses me. "Thank you," she says in a quiet voice.

"I gotta go," I say quietly, and she nods. I give her another small kiss before I teleport back to my room in the bunker, the kiss still lingering in the air. Sighing, I get ready for the day.

Once I'm done, I walk out to the kitchen for some breakfast and see that Dean made pancakes. "Thank God," I mumble as I walk to the table.

"Morning sunshine," Dean says as he gives me a plate full of pancakes. "How ya feelin'?"

"Good," I say and take a big bite of the pancakes. "Did you finish fixing Baby's window yet?" I ask, my voice muffled from the pancakes. Dean's been working on it since we got back after I had shot it when I was under the siren spell.