29 - "i still love you"

Reality

"So... are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Dylan said awkwardly from behind the wheel.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Oh come on Kale," Dylan whined. "We can't just ignore that we kissed."

"I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it right now. Can you just take me home?" I put my seatbelt on and sat back in the passengers seat.

"No!" Dylan exclaimed. "Look, I-I still love you, K. And I think you feel the same way."

I fake scoffed and rolled my eyes dramatically. "Someone's a little full of themselves, don't you think?"

"Kale." Dylan looked at me with a face that confirmed he wasn't laughing.

"What do you want me to say, Dylan? I do still love you, but we can't be together or Secret Spiller is just gonna ruin our relationship," I complained. "Maybe we just aren't meant to be."

"Secret Spiller wasn't the reason for us breaking up. You know exactly why we did."

"Ouch," I said quietly. "I don't know, Dylan. I just need to think about it."

"Fine. You're coming to my house and we can talk about it in the morning," he said and started the car.

"What the hell? No!"

"You don't have a say, Kale. You can sleep in the guest room." He spun the wheel violently and before I knew it, we were at his place.