37 - "kevin"

Reality

Dylan and I ran through the halls of the hospital. Just a day after the Comic Con panel, Jenn went into labour.

When we got to her room, she was holding a baby in her arms, her face red and her hair stuck to her forehead because of the sweat.

"We made it!" I said, relieved.

I walked up to her as she laid in the bed.

"She really shouldn't have visitors right now!" the nurse advised.

"Right, of course." Dylan grabbed my hand and pulled me away from my best friend.

"I promise, the minute I can see you guys, I will. But for now," Jenn said tiredly and looked down to her newborn child. "Say hello to Kevin."

I nearly started crying right there when I finally got a name to the face.

"I'm going to have to ask you men to leave now. And I am going to have to take Kevin away, Mrs. Christian. You need your rest," the nurse said.

"Of course," Jenn said with a slight nod. "Cody is outside. You guys should go talk to him."

Dylan and I both nodded before scurrying out of the room.

When we found Cody, he was standing by the rest of the babies wrapped in their blankets behind the glass.

"Hey, Cody," Dylan said as he put a hand on the others boys arm.

"Hey guys," Cody said happily as he blinked back tears. The two of us both hugged him tightly and congratulated him.

As we watched baby Kevin get carried into the room with the rest of the newborns, Cody began tearing up again.

I grabbed Dylan's hand gently. Tears began to prickle in my eyes as well.

My best friend in the whole world just had a baby.