Chapter Nine-THE FALL

Being dragged like a rag doll, quickly walking down a path Dayanna must've known by heart, over and around exposed roots and large rocks, Kylo eyed his surroundings. So much green, a lot more green than he had just seen from the back of the palace. The planet was thriving on green, no wonder the people seemed so lively around him. All the plants and sunshine was enough to keep one in a good mood. Or, at least he assumed. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't in a good mood most of the time he stayed on Viridis. "Where is this supposed 'lovely' place of yours?"

Dayanna could tell Kylo was growing impatient, especially with the way his grip tightened around her hand. "Just, trust me, okay? We're almost there." Going up an incline without even realizing it, the trees came to a stop as a cliff came into view. Loud, crashing sounds of water falling filled their ears as the spray of water hit their skins.

"A waterfall?" Kylo asked as Dayanna nodded, a smile on her face as she eyed it, only shutting her eyes to take it all in. "Huh..." He mumbled, eyeing the waterfall before looking back at her. The gentle smile on her lips made his heartbeat increase. It was sweet, one he hadn't seen before... and he enjoyed the sight of it.

Opening her eyes again, she looked over at Kylo. "Take your clothes off."

"WHAT?!" He shouted, voice booming against the roaring sound of the waterfall, a blush burning his cheeks.

"Take off your clothes unless you want them soaked." Dayanna pointed as Kylo blinked. "Oh, fine, wet them. I won't have the extra material bring me down." Watching with wide eyes, Kylo's mouth slowly fell open as Dayanna unzipped her top before letting it fall to the ground, her nearly bare back coming into view as she had a sports bra on.

"Johansson, this is-"

"It's nothing out of this world, Ren." She shook her head, removing her shoes and socks, then unzipping her pants and lowering them. Standing there in just her underwear, she looked over at Kylo. "You either undress now and jump with me are watch me jump." Standing there and waiting for Kylo to do something, she sighed. "Fine, I'll dive-"

"No!" He reached out, grabbing her hand. "Just... wait." Looking at him, Kylo nervously began to undress himself, the way he was shaking made Dayanna frown.

"If you don't feel comfortable you-"

"I am going to do this." He asserted, looking at her for a moment. "If you can jump in just your underwear, so can I." Stripping out of his attire, from his boots to pants, to his belt and top, Kylo took in deep breaths to steady his now racing heart. At some point, Dayanna turned and looked elsewhere to give him some privacy, but the second she felt his shadow on her, she looked over and saw nothing but his bare chest. "Let's get this over with." He grumbled, not even bothering to look down at her.

Swallowing, she nodded, not wanting to eye anything else seeing as his broad chest was enough to send her heart racing. Reaching for his hand and feeling the rough skin against her soft own, she took in a shaky breath. She had never felt his hand without his gloves on before. And the skin to skin contact was driving Kylo insane. "I promise it's fun." Dayana assured. "Believe me." At that she rushed to the edge and didn't even wait a second to jump.

Feeling either of their bodies submerge deep into the water, Kylo's hand still holding tightly onto Dayanna's, the two resurfaced and took in deep breaths. Blinking and eyeing his surroundings, Kylo's racing heart began to calm down at the scenery. It was green: tall trees, grass and the surrounding waterfall. But what caught his attention was how blue the water was. Almost as blue as the sky, if not, a bit lighter.

"See, that wasn't so bad!" Dayanna spoke, using her free hand to keep her afloat. "It's nice, isn't?"

Turning his attention from the water to her, Dayanna's eyes seemed even more
blue than before. "Very... nice."