Chapter Twenty Nine-SELFLESS

Staring at the empty side of her bed, Dayanna felt her eyes flutter as tears burned within them. Shutting them as she took in a deep breath, she felt one slip across her nose and onto her pillow. After so long, she finally had a sleepless night.

All she could do was toss and turn. Nightmares had bombarded her dream world each and every time she closed her eyes. It was nothing but Kylo yelling at her. She woke up in a cold sweat, crying each time. She wanted the nightmare to end, but it wasn't anytime soon.

Only a day and she missed Kylo's presence beside her, on her bed. She missed waking up against him or in his arms. She missed the feeling of his warmth. The way he would hold her close to his chest or nuzzle his face into her neck. How she'd sometimes wake up to him gazing at her or he would wake up to her admiring him.

Feeling her bottom lip quiver, she pulled the pillow from beside her and shoved it into her face. A big mistake when she got a strong whiff of his scent from it.

Lowering the pillow as she cried out, she held it to her chest, turning to her side once again as she stared at the empty spot. His spot.

No matter how much she tried convincing herself that this was for the best, that he wasn't the one... she knew, deep down, it was a big lie. She knew she loved him more than anything else in the galaxy and she knew very well that he was the one.

Lying for hours on her bed, crying and ignoring anyone who came to her door, she felt herself calm down. Looking over to the love seat in her room, she sat up. There, lying folded up on the arm rest, was Kylo's cape. The one he had left on her the night of the ball.

Letting go of the pillow and standing from the bed, she walked over to it. Picking it up and letting it fall open, she swallowed before she wrapped it around herself like a blanket. Even his scent was strong on it. "Kylo..." She breathed, holding tightly onto the cape as she lowered her face into. "I'm sorry..."

Hugging herself with the cape, she shut her eyes. She couldn't let him go, there was no possibility that she'd go another day without trying to resolve the issue. She knew it was nearly impossible, to find him and speak to him, but she knew to never say never.

But, how?

Lying the cape on her bed as she went to wash up, quick to change after showering, doing her hair, Dayanna was about to rush out of her room until she came to a stop. Grabbing his cape, she pulled it over her shoulders and used it as her own.

"There's going to be an attack on Crait. Organa is there, and the Order is making a move." Dayanna overheard as she passed the throne room, coming to a stop. "It's happening far sooner than they expected it would, but, at least they are prepared." Hearing her mother speak, Dayanna's eyes wandered from the door, over to the end of the hallway. Crait...

"Let's hope the Force is with them. After Starkiller? The Order will come back with a vengeance."

"Especially with Ren by their side."

Growing wide eyed, Dayanna's heart skipped a beat. Crait, that's where she'd find him. That's where she could get to him.

Rushing down the hall, in hopes no one would hear her with the sound of her shoes, she was quick to make her way to the landing pads. Seeing the ship she was given to be her own, she was about to sprint over to it until someone spoke. "Don't do it."

Turning in her spot and seeing her brother, Dayanna took in a deep breath. "I have to."

"You are going to risk your life for a man who doesn't deserve it." Able shook his head.

"I'm going to do what needs to be done." She simply spoke.

"No, you're not. Kylo doesn't deserve you, he's lost you. That's on him."