Chapter Twenty One-REALITY

"Remember what I taught you. The weak spots, the opened spots. Use those to your advantage." Kylo pointed with the staff he had been holding, Dayanna nodding as she held tightly onto hers, the two circling around before they went back into fighting.

From afar, Kane watched. Arms crossed with his eyes narrowed. He knew Kylo had been Dayanna's bodyguard, but he wasn't liking him one bit. He didn't like how... close the two seemed. A little too close for his liking. And he especially didn't like seeing Kylo walk out of Dayanna's room at late hours of the night.

Panting as the two were coated in their own sweat, staffs constantly clashing against one another, Dayanna swung hers and got Kylo by the side before lifting it up and getting him across the jaw as he grunted. "How's that?" She asked with a smirk, taking in deep breaths.

"That..." Breathing, he shifted his jaw. "Was... impressive." And hot. "But don't get cocky."

"Of course not." She grinned, continuing to fight him until she actually brought him down. Swinging the staff to hit the back of his knees, she was quick to knock his own staff out of his hands before she kicked him back onto the grass. "Hmm... I guess you can say I win?" She grinned, looking down at Kylo as she pressed the tip of her staff against his shoulder.

"Sure..." He spoke, lying on the ground and looking up at her. The way she stood in tight pants, the top that rode up her stomach as her sweat covered chest caught his attention. Hair tied back and mesmerizing face looking down at him. He loved seeing her this way... with the upper-hand and sweating... he couldn't take it.

"What? What's wrong with you?" She asked, eyebrows narrowed. "Stop staring at me like that."

"What do you expect? You're standing there, sweating and looking h-" Cutting himself off, he cleared his throat.

Knowing very well where his words were leading to, Dayanna lowered herself onto Kylo, sitting on him as he took in a deep breath. "You think I'm hot?" She asked as he now glared. "Is it what I'm wearing? Am I not hot in my gowns?" Dayanna lifted a brow, teasing.

"I never said you were hot." Kylo breathed, hands tightly grabbing onto the grass.

"You were about to." She smirked. "It's okay..." Leaning down, she whispered, "I think you're hot, too."

Glaring, Kane watched as Dayanna had straddled Kylo, her staff still in her hold but her free hand now holding Kylo's chin as she spoke. It was only getting worse and he was hating the attention Kylo was getting.

"Stop trying to distract me." Kylo lowly growled. "We're not done here."

"Oh, we sure are. I'm the one sitting on you-"

Quick to flip her over, Dayanna's legs were now wrapped around his waist as he had her hands pinned, her staff now out of reach. "Are you sure about that?"

"Ugh." She rolled her eyes. "I will get you one day and it won't be pretty." Dayanna said with a pointed look.

"We'll see about that." Kylo smirked for a moment before letting go, knowing he was not in the best position to be in for so long with the way Dayanna looked bellow him.

Standing up and reaching out a hand for Dayanna to grab, she did so as Kylo went to grab the staffs, the two returning into the palace before noticing Kane had been watching. Better yet, spying. He was livid, he wasn't enjoying the fact that Kylo had been getting closer and closer to Dayanna when that should've been him. He couldn't help but wonder if Kylo was the reason why she was distant with Kane.

"How'd it go with your mother this morning?" Kylo asked as he walked her to her quarters.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

"What about the wedding?"

"It's still going to happen." Dayanna sighed as Kylo's eyes narrowed. "They're planning it... It'll be soon." Looking down as she crossed her arms behind herself, Kylo looked at her with a tight jaw. If he wasn't worried then, he was now. The more he had been around Dayanna, the closer he got. And now that she was going to be married soon enough, he couldn't possibly be in a love affair... could he? "This is so pathetic..." She sighed, trying not to let her emotions get the best of her. "I'm sorry I even dragged you into this." Grabbing her hand, Kylo stopped in his tracks as he looked down at her. "Kylo-"

"I did not push all my fears, all my self loathing and the voices in the back of mind to a side for nothing." Kylo said as she looked him in the eye. "I kissed you because I wanted to kiss you. Because I wanted to do something about the feelings I have in my chest. I did it because I was tired of being a complete ass to you and acting like a little boy because I couldn't handle the way I felt about you. Don't apologize when I'm the one who brought you into this."

Letting go of her hand as he stood there, looking into either of her eyes, Dayanna stared back, heart rapidly beating within her chest. "You like me?"

"Of course I like you! I've liked you since the moment I first met you! Hell, the moment my eyes landed on you!" Kylo exclaimed as Dayanna's breath hitched. "I can't repress these feelings. It's nearly impossible at this point. I told myself I shouldn't do this, that I shouldn't allow myself to feel such way towards you... but I failed myself. To be with someone, to be with a princess... I don't deserve it. I don't deserve any of this. But don't think for a second I regret my actions."

Standing in the quiet hall, looking up at Kylo as she took in a deep breath, her head lowered. "I'm afraid... that I'm becoming too attached and that one day I can't be with you... because I'm married and too busy being a queen..." She lowly spoke as Kylo eyed her.

"Well, it's too late for that now, isn't it?" Kylo's voice lowered as Dayanna looked back up.

"I'm afraid so." Lowering her eyes to his chest, her hands reached out and pulled him to her, resting her head against him as Kylo leaned over enough to embrace her. "I guess we'll suffer it out together." She mumbled as Kylo swallowed. Either way, he expected himself to suffer.

After eventually returning to her quarters, as Kylo to his, the two readied themselves before they flew out to the Finalizer. Kylo knew what was to come out of Hux's mouth the moment he and Dayanna had returned, he just didn't want to hear it. It was enough that every time that man opened his mouth, it sounded like a bunch of Ewoks going off.

Standing beside one another as Hux had been seething in his spot, ranting on and on about all that they had missed within the five and a half days, Kylo's focus had been elsewhere. Although with his helmet on, making it seem like he was paying attention, his focus was on Dayanna instead; at least, her Force. For once, the Force around her was loud, unlike how it always was. Almost as if she knew how to control it. She had a strong mind so he didn't doubt that she knew how to block Force users out... but, now, now her mind was almost like an open book. She was stressed, uneasy, and afraid. Her emotions were dripping off of her like honey.

"We have far more important things to be worrying about right now so I suggest the two of you catch up." Hux pointed. "Especially you, Admiral Johansson." With a snarl and a deadly look, Hux turned in his spot and stormed off.

Standing there, taking in a deep breath and looking into the nothingness, Dayanna's hands fell to her sides. "I have work to tend to, I will see you later." She nodded her head, not bothering to look at Kylo before she walked off. He knew she was only being that way with all the eyes around them... but, still... he wanted nothing more than to reach out to her and keep her close.

Maybe things were already falling apart before them just as it started... maybe they were meant to suffer.