Chapter Nineteen-SWEET BLISS

Kylo and Dayanna did not expect themselves to fall asleep after the heated kiss. Especially all the way into the afternoon, during the storm that had yet to cease.

The pressure against Kylo's body caused him to stir in his sleep until he had tightened his arms, feeling someone else against him. Feeling Dayanna against him. So they had fallen asleep together? For some reason, he couldn't recall if they fell asleep during the kiss or after.

Opening his eyes, he saw the top of Dayanna's head as her face was pressed into his neck. Turning his eyes up to the ceiling, he took in a deep breath. You fool, you went against your word. You caved in. He thought to himself as he stared at the bland ceiling. As much as his mind was slandering him for it... not one bit of him regretted the moment. None of it. As if he wanted it to happen.

And, although he didn't want to admit it, he did want it to happen. He had enough of those moments he shared with her that could've lead to more. Enough of staring at her lips when she spoke and he was hidden behind the helmet. And he definitely had enough of fighting the conflict about his feelings towards her when he knew very well he felt something for her.

Taking in a deep breath, he slid one of his hands into her soft hair and felt it through his fingers. The smooth texture brushing against his skin and palm as he looked down at it. Why would someone like her fall for someone like him? Or, at least he assumed she had fallen. Why else would she kiss him?

"Hello, Ben!" The soft voice called out, crouching down to be at eye level. "How did you sleep?"

"Mmm... not so good, mommy." The little boy shook his head. "I had a nightmare again... the same one with the creepy man." Rubbing his face, the woman's expression dropped, her smile fading.

"Remember what I said?" She asked as the little boy looked at her and nodded.

"Yes."

"What was it?"

"That I am stronger than he is and that you will always protect me no matter what. That your love for me defeats all the darkness in the galaxy."

"Mhm... and do you know why?"

"Mm-mm."

"Because love is the most powerful thing one can feel. Aside from hope. My love for you is indestructible and no one can take that from me, my little angel."

Feeling her eyebrows furrow, Dayanna shifted in her spot, the strong smell of mint filling her nose as her eyes fluttered open. Seeing nothing but a chin, her mind reverberated back to earlier. To the kiss. Blinking, feeling Kylo's hand brush through her hair, she took in a deep breath and thought back to the dream. Maybe it was just an odd one... one that she couldn't explain. Or maybe, what was happening to Kylo, was happening to her.

"Mmm... you're going to put me back to sleep." Dayanna mumbled against his neck as Kylo felt a small smile on his lips.

"It's still raining, we can't do much." He spoke up, voice sending chills down her spine. She had noticed it earlier, his morning voice. It sounded like thunder and she felt it in her bones. And she loved it.

"What do you suggest?" She asked, eyes closing for a moment as she lied against him, taking in his warmth as her robe wasn't enough.

"We stay in and sleep." Furrowing her eyebrows, she instantly sat up, enough to look down at Kylo.

"Stay in and sleep? Did my kiss snap something in your brain? I'm afraid to kiss you again..." Dayanna gave him a skeptical look.

"No, it's called there's a storm outside and we can't do much if it's raining and since we are practically stuck indoors, we should sleep." Kylo said, looking up at her as his hands carefully lied on her hips.

"I don't know if I want to sleep... Do you even want to sleep? You keep dreaming about me and it's kind of creepy." Dayanna teased as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, what do you suggest, princess."

"We could... cuddle." She trailed, looking down at his chest.

"That's the same thing as sleeping!" He shouted as she flinched in her spot, eyes widening.

"No, it is not!" She swatted his chest. "Cuddling is holding one another close, under the sheets and enjoying the others presence. I have never cuddled before and I want to cuddle you." Dayanna demanded as Kylo glared.

"I have never and will never cuddle-"

"You cuddled me just now when we were napping, don't give me that." She glared back. "We either cuddle or you can teach me how to use a lightsaber."

Narrowing his eyes even more, he only screwed them back. "Fine. We can cuddle." Kylo forced out as Dayanna smiled.

"Thank you. You are a kind man." Leaning down and kissing him, Kylo grumbled as he kissed back. She was lucky he tolerated her and liked her. If not, he'd make her cuddle a pillow instead.

"We have to return tomorrow, just so you know. It's been four days." Sitting up, he got a hold of her waist before he stood, bringing her into his room.

Letting out a sigh, she frowned, resting her cheek on his shoulder. "I know... but let me enjoy this now. I don't want to think about anyone else. Just you."

Hearing her words, they struck his heart. Did she really like him? Had she felt this way all along? Or was it just the kiss? Trying not to overthink the situation, Kylo laid Dayanna on his bed before he joined her. "At least you'll have me around."

"Not for long... when I become married, I wouldn't need you around..." Her voice faltered, looking up at Kylo as he lied beside her.

Just as he was about to reach for her, he stopped. "What about the Order?"

"I don't know... I may be replaced? I will be becoming queen soon after the wedding if it happens..." She said, looking at Kylo with a saddened expression. He knew very well he shouldn't be doing this. He shouldn't have allowed himself to fall this deep or this hard. He shouldn't have allowed himself to grow attached. But, it was impossible to even stop. It was something he was craving and missed... and a part of him was selfish enough to succumb and allow it to happen. "Kylo... I know this may bring a gap between us... me being married. Me wanting to... Me not wanting to lose you by my side."

"You're getting married..." He repeated. "I should've never-"

"No, never say never." She shook her head, now holding his chin as he wanted to look away. "I-I like you very much Kylo. I do, I really do. And I'm glad this happened. That you took me away... and that we are here in this moment." Eyeing Kylo as his eyes were focused elsewhere, she swallowed. "I want to enjoy this with you if you'd let me."

Shifting his eyes back to hers, seeing the softness in her complexion and the look in her eyes, his hand held her wrist and pulled her towards him. Bringing her closer to him, he kissed her. He kissed her long and hard. He knew she was right, hell he felt the same, he just couldn't possibly express it. "You shouldn't do this." Kylo shook his head, letting go of her wrist as he looked her in the eye. "You shouldn't fall for me."

Gazing at him as the two were inches away, she rested a hand against his cheek as she softly spoke, "It's too late for that."