Page 7

I walked around the city, which was unusually quiet, and the city was eerily empty. In retrospect I couldn't complain because it made my job easier. I walked around the market and looking for different medicines. I came across a few herbs that were good for bruises. I quickly tucked them away in my backpack and continued looking.

There was a pharmacy up ahead. Perfect. I walked up to the doors and peered inside, but no one could be seen. I tested the knob to the door and it opened with ease. Now I was beginning to wonder what exactly was happening. I looked toward the castle, but even there, everything seemed empty.

I hurried inside and began grabbing everything I could from bandages to food and everything in between. I even went behind the counter and took the heavy duty things. Like the Lurians' serum for strength and healing. I especially packed as much of that as I could. I my backpack was now stuffed to its max. I placed it on my back and prepared to take my leave, when suddenly a holographic broadcast came on.

It was Capitan Tadaaki suited up for war. "Attention all Lurian citizens, all human captives, and human refugees. The Queen has lost something very important to her. Her daughter Kylie, her servant Jared Leto, and her former commander and chief Shannon Leto. These criminals have betrayed our Queen, and she wants them brought to justice! We will reward anyone, who brings these fugitives to us. Shannon, Jared, and Kylie, let it be know that we are looking for you. We will find you, and we will stop at nothing until you are begging the Queen for forgiveness, but be warned. They are dangerous and will kill you if you give them the chance."

It showed their pictures for a few seconds each, and just like that it shut off

It showed their pictures for a few seconds each, and just like that it shut off. I don't know who those people where, but they were in deep trouble if the Queen was on a search for them. It was surprising that they could escape in the first place. No one has ever escaped from the Queen.

I guess I couldn't say much though. I betrayed her too. I betrayed my own species, and for what? I don't even know. I have never felt this way before. It was that strange day that I found him. He was covered dirt and blood after the guards had beaten him badly. He didn't even do anything to deserve it. He simply gave a young human child some of the bread that my people had thrown away. He was being kind, yet no one appreciated his gesture. I don't know why I have a soft spot for him, but it was unusual.

I dragged myself out of my thoughts and started to make my way out. The town was still empty so that was a good thing, but I couldn't risk someone seeing me. I ran as fast as I could back to the camp.

I had to warn everyone about the three who escaped from the Queen's castle. If they were anywhere close to us, it's possible that we could be in danger, especially since the Queen's commander and army is looking for them. We couldn't take that chance.

Shannon's POV

"The Dreams or memories or whatever it is that I'm seeing, they are helping me learn to control the powers that I have. It's of..." the sentence stopped as I realized that the person– well thing, whose memories I am tapping into is siting right next to me.

"It's of what?" Jared asked taking a bite of the quail leg. It was about the size of a chicken leg. The bird I had caught this morning for us to have for dinner was incredibly large. I guess after a while if nothing begins hunted, they would get very large.

"Daemon. It was of Daemon practicing. Learning how to control his powers when he first got them." I looked over to the robot and watched for his reaction, but he didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Is that all you see? Daemon training?" Kylie piped in.

"It's high time we start moving. It will do us good to put some more distance between us and the city. We will follow the creek upstream hopefully it takes us somewhere safe." I stood and started stomping out the fire.

To be honest it wasn't the only thing I saw. I saw a lot more that I wanted. I saw her and him. It honestly pained me, and it pains me even more to know that Daemon is still alive in a way, and all I did was get the shitty part of him that no one wanted.

Once the flames were out I began walking toward the creek. Jared followed closely on my heels.

"Shannon, somethings wrong. What is it?"

"Jared, I really don't want to talk about it right now." I said through gritted teeth.

He looked at me for a moment, but didn't press. Lately it was like he was afraid of me. It was both a good and bad thing. Good because he knew that if I got furious there could be a lot of danger for anyone close by, so he wouldn't push. It was bad because he was my brother and the last thing that I want to do is hurt him and make him not trust me.

"Look, Shannon. I don't know if keeping this thing inside of you is a good idea. It's changing you. A lot!"

"Do you have a better plan genius? Last I checked this was the only way!" I stopped to look at my brother waiting for his response, but when he said nothing I continued on.