ii

after school ended, junhee and donghun walked home together. silence between the two, since neither one of them, had anything to sign.

when they both arrive at junhee's home, they're greeted by junhee's mother, currently trimming the roses outside the front of the house.

when she sees the brunet and blonde walking hand-in-hand up the pavement, she smiles and waves at them both.

hello donghun, she signs to donghun first.

hello, miss park he signs then politely bows.

can he stay for when dad gets here? junhee signs to his mom. the pleading look on his face makes her scoff.

sure, why not?

junhee smiles widely and pulls donghun's hand back into his. he pulls the brunet into the house and leaves his mother to continue trimming the growing roses. the two trot up the stairs to junhee's spacious room.

when junhee pushes the door open, he immediately takes his bag off his back and tosses it onto the floor near his dresser. donghun follows his actions.

you got your homework finished? junhee signs.

donghun nods to answer. junhee grins. then let's cuddle.

donghun felt the corners of his lips tug upward into a large smile. the blonde and the brunet intertwine their bodies before falling onto the bed and snuggling against each other.

donghun smells the same scent of cinnamon he loves.

the two snuggle unbothered for a while, donghun sneaking a few pecks of the lip from junhee. even if junhee looked like he was about to attack donghun every time he did peck him on the lips, junhee didn't mind it.

bros can feel that way about each other, right?

【☆】

"hah-hah! jun, my boy, how are you?"

junhee gives his biological father a confused look. he looks over to donghun, how just shrugs.

"what? ya not gonna answer your papa?" his dad asks, smiling like an idiot.

junhee's lips press into a fine line. he didn't know how he could signal his mother to come be his translator when she was outside socialising with his dad's new wife.

junhee takes a deep breath.

"can't talk," junhee tries to say, but it comes out very hoarse. he clears his throat, pain striking him because of never using it. "i'm.. deaf."

his dad's mouth turns into an "o" shape as his eyebrows rise in surprise.

donghun taps junhee's shoulder to get his attention.

don't you think your biological father would know you were born deaf? donghun signs.

guess he forgot about his eldest son. junhee signs. he's got lola to take care of.

who's lola?

my younger sister. she's only 5.

is she here?

almost like a cue, lola comes running into the house squealing her head off, giggling and laughing as her mom and junhee's mother walk back inside.

junhee's father says something and kneels down for his daughter to embrace him. both the two hug for a bit before his father whispers something in her ear and pointing to junhee.