intro

donghun can remember march, when he was basically alone. not one person stood by him, not because they were scared of the boy, not because he was mean, in any way, but because the boy had such a unique flaw in himself, but people thought it was stupid.

lee donghun was deaf.

for a while, donghun would sit alone in school, struggling to keep up with everyone in his classes because of his disabilities. they've tried giving him hearing aids, tried to get teachers to enunciate their words more for donghun to understand, but nothing worked. donghun was fully deaf since birth, and nothing but sign language or subtitles could help him.

even if the teachers and school were trying so hard to help him out, he usually didn't pay much attention in school, barely getting his school work done. teachers, of course, let it slide, because of his said disability.

donghun would always be caught up in his own thoughts in class, unfocused with his surroundings.

donghun always had daydreams about how it would be if he had friends, if someone in the school knew sign language and could socialise with him, or if he were able to actually succeed in school because the school hired a sign languagist for him.

of course, none of those fantasies became real. donghun had to suck it up, learn to understand the fast-moving lips of all his high school teachers and try his hardest when his hardest wasn't enough after a few weeks.

early april rolls around, and donghun's grades are above average, which his teachers find acceptable. mostly b's and a couple c's here and there, but it was good enough to help him pass.

when at donghun's private school, the seoul department of blind and deaf education, donghun was excelling with straight a's. his translator was so kind and helped him a lot with his classes. he had other friends who were deaf as well, all for different reasons, but all the same in a way.

but transferring to a public school took a major toll on donghun.

mid april, grades have barely changed, a few minuses turning into neutral letters, but nothing really jaw-dropping.

but mid-april is when it all started. the taunting, the teasing, and worse, the abuse.

donghun didn't know how much it could get out of hand. a gang would always be hovering over his shoulder, ready to pounce on him, to snicker their insults, and to throw a few punches at him while they were at it.

and it was even more horrible when a teacher did nothing to protect him.

being unable to hear the negative things the people would say about him was such a good and bad thing for donghun. not having to be put down below others is amazing, being able to walk the halls not feeling like shit because of what others said, but it's horrible not being able to know what's wrong with you in the other's eyes.

donghun, of course, never let this go. he always thought he was too fat, maybe his braces were ugly. maybe his hair, or himself in general.

anxiety pills usually worked, but they stopped helping him after a while, which wasn't helpful at all.

there was just a point that donghun felt like he should overdose, and end it all. no one needed his deaf and weak ass around, he was like a ghost.

but he suddenly became seeable, when a boy named park junhee transferred to his school, sharing a few classes with the brunet.

but the catch? junhee was deaf too.

for a different reason, but the same in a way.

donghun was a fully deaf student transferred into a public school when his mother couldn't pay for his private school tuition any longer.

he feels anxiety majorly and is taunted about his deafness. he wants to end it all by overdosing.

until one day, a boy named park junhee transfers to his class.

with the same disability.

started 11 / 6 / 17

ended ? / ? / ?

group ; a.c.e 에이스

pairing ; dongjun (donghun x jun) 동준 (동훈 x 준)

【☆】

"life was stringing me along,
then you came and you cut me loose."

- symphony ; clean bandit ft. zara larsson